11 And Moroni was a strong and a mighty man; he was a man of a perfect understanding; yea, a man that did not delight in bloodshed; a man whose soul did joy in the liberty and the freedom of his country, and his brethren from bondage and slavery;
12 Yea, a man whose heart did swell with thanksgiving to his God, for the many privileges and blessings which he bestowed upon his people; a man who did labor exceedingly for the welfare and safety of his people.
13 Yea, and he was a man who was firm in the faith of Christ, and he had sworn with an oath to defend his people, his rights, and his country, and his religion, even to the loss of his blood….
- Moroni was strong and mighty. He had trained for battle and had mastered the skills associated with success on the battlefield.
- He was a man of understanding. He had studied and learned much, so he could make wise decisions as a leader.
- He had charitable motives. He didn’t want hurt other people, but he was willing to fight for the freedom of his fellow citizens.
- He was grateful. He didn’t take for granted the blessings he and his people had received.
- He was a hard worker.
- He had strong faith in Jesus Christ.
- He was a man of integrity. He had promised to defend his people, and he was determined to keep that promise.