- What Is a Saint?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Resurrection?
- What Does It Mean to Be Sober?
- Why Are “Envyings” Associated with “Strife?”
- What Does It Mean to Do Something with “Real Intent?”
- What Guidance Does the Book of Mormon Provide About Recognizing the Holy Ghost?
- How Does God Communicate with Us?
- Why Do We Need Prophets?
- Why Is Firsthand Spiritual Knowledge Important?
- Why Is It Good to Be Submissive?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- What Is It That Ye Shall Hope For? - Moroni 7:41
- Alma Teaches Shiblon - Alma 38
- I Will Go - 1 Nephi 3:7
- I Have Fasted and Prayed Many Days - Alma 5:45-46
- If All Men Had Been...Like Unto Moroni - Alma 48:11-13, 17
- Lessons from Sermons to Family Members
Category Archives: Faith
Near the end of the Book of Mormon, Moroni provides specific instructions about how to organize the church. After describing how the Savior gave power to His disciples, how those disciples ordained other people to serve as priests and teachers, … Continue reading
After the Lord warned Alma that the armies of King Noah were preparing to attack his people, he led them into the wilderness for 8 days, and they began to establish a new city (Mosiah 23:1-5). They were unified and … Continue reading
Near the end of the Book of Mormon, the prophet Moroni—the last author in the book—provides a list of people who received blessings after they exercised faith in Jesus Christ (Ether 12:10-22). This list is very similar to a list … Continue reading
faith – Complete trust or confidence in someone or something humility – The quality of having a modest or low view of one’s importance (Oxford Dictionary) Are the attributes of faith and humility in conflict with each other, or is … Continue reading
To doubt something is to feel uncertain about it, to lack conviction. The word is also closely associated with fear. (See the definition of doubt in the Oxford Dictionary.) When new evidence calls an accepted fact into question, reasonable people will … Continue reading
The authors of the Book of Mormon were comfortable declaring their knowledge of the truthfulness of their message: In the first chapter of the book, Nephi says, “I know that the record which I make is true; and I make … Continue reading
During the Savior’s mortal ministry, He frequently urged His disciples to develop greater faith. He asked the terrified disciples on the ship In the storm, “Where is your faith?” (Luke 8:25) When Peter began to sink after walking on the … Continue reading