- What Should I Think About?
- How Can I Be a More Effective Leader?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- How Can I Manage Time More Effectively?
- How Can I Be Healed?
- What Are the Gifts of the Spirit?
- How Can I Recognize the Temptations of the Devil?
- What Is the Spirit of Prophecy?
- What Can We Learn from the Crossing of the Red Sea?
- Who Are the Lost Tribes of Israel?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- What Does It Mean to "Come Unto Christ?"
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- The Guilty Taketh the Truth to Be Hard - 1 Nephi 16:1-3
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- Are We Not All Beggars? - Mosiah 4:19-21
- He Turned Him About - Helaman 5:36-37
Category Archives: Charity
In a sermon about faith, hope, and charity, Mormon listed some of the characteristics of charity (Moroni 7:45). His list is similar (but not identical) to a list provided by the apostle Paul in his first epistle to the Corinthian … Continue reading
After calling the people of Zarahemla to repentance, the prophet Alma traveled to the city of Gideon. He was pleased to find that the people of Gideon had humbled themselves and that they were not in “the state of dilemma” … Continue reading
Near the beginning of the Book of Mormon, Nephi prophesied that the Savior be scourged, smitten, and spit upon. He would willingly endure all of this “because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men” (1 … Continue reading
What do you do when someone approaches you on the street and asks you for money? Because of the location where I work, I have that experience fairly regularly, and I must admit that my response is inconsistent. Sometimes, I … Continue reading
In the scriptures, the word “bowels” is often associated with compassion or empathy. For example: The Apostle Paul encouraged the members of the church in Colossae to “put on…bowels of mercies” (Colossians 3:12). He pleaded with the saints at Phillipi, … Continue reading
Note: This is the second in a series of blog posts about the meaning behind unusual words or phrases in the Book of Mormon. Alma was badly mistreated in the city of Ammonihah. Despite his dedicated efforts on behalf of … Continue reading