- Who Were the Three Witnesses of the Book of Mormon?
- Why Do We “Bear” Witness?
- What’s Wrong with Seeking Signs?
- Why Is It Important to Record the Fulfillment of Prophecies?
- In What Order Did Joseph Smith Translate the Book of Mormon?
- What Does It Mean to Believe, Hope, and Endure All Things?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Temperate in All Things?”
- How Can I Be Bold Without Being Overbearing?
- How Should I Respond to an Emotional Outburst?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Being an Effective Parent?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- If Your Minds Are Firm - Jacob 3:1-2
- Cross Yourself in All These Things - Alma 39:9
- King Benjamin's Speech - Mosiah 2-5
- Helaman 5:12 Upon the Rock of Our Redeemer
- Stronger and Stronger in Their Humility - Helaman 3:35-36
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- Feast Upon the Words of Christ - 2 Nephi 32:3
- If They Did Not Doubt - Alma 56:47-48
Category Archives: Charity
In a sermon about faith, hope, and charity, Mormon listed some of the characteristics of charity (Moroni 7:45). His list is similar (but not identical) to a list provided by the apostle Paul in his first epistle to the Corinthian … Continue reading
After calling the people of Zarahemla to repentance, the prophet Alma traveled to the city of Gideon. He was pleased to find that the people of Gideon had humbled themselves and that they were not in “the state of dilemma” … Continue reading
Near the beginning of the Book of Mormon, Nephi prophesied that the Savior be scourged, smitten, and spit upon. He would willingly endure all of this “because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men” (1 … Continue reading
What do you do when someone approaches you on the street and asks you for money? Because of the location where I work, I have that experience fairly regularly, and I must admit that my response is inconsistent. Sometimes, I … Continue reading
In the scriptures, the word “bowels” is often associated with compassion or empathy. For example: The Apostle Paul encouraged the members of the church in Colossae to “put on…bowels of mercies” (Colossians 3:12). He pleaded with the saints at Phillipi, … Continue reading
Note: This is the second in a series of blog posts about the meaning behind unusual words or phrases in the Book of Mormon. Alma was badly mistreated in the city of Ammonihah. Despite his dedicated efforts on behalf of … Continue reading