- What Does the “Great and Spacious Building” Represent?
- What Is Lust?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Tithing?
- What Are the Purposes of Fasting?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach about Sacrifice?
- What Is the Sealing Power?
- What Is Foreordination?
- How Can I Avoid Being an “Unholy Temple?”
- What Is “Awful Woundedness?”
- What Does It Mean to Ponder?
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- What Is "the Immediate Goodness of God?"
- Are We Not All Beggars? - Mosiah 4:19-21
- What Does the "Great and Spacious Building" Represent?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- The Spirit of Contention - 3 Nephi 11:29-30
Category Archives: Diligence
Alma counseled his son Shiblon to “refrain from idleness” (Alma 38:12). But he had just praised Shiblon for his “steadiness,” “faithfulness,” and “diligence.” Why would he give this counsel to a son who was clearly hard-working? One possible answer: Shiblon … Continue reading
Today, I studied all 56 passages in the Book of Mormon which use some form of the word “diligent.” To be diligent is to “[show] care and conscientiousness in one’s work or duties” (Oxford English Dictionary). The word also carries … Continue reading
Nephi had served as chief judge for about nine years, and he was absolutely exhausted. This wasn’t physical fatigue. It was something harder. He “had become weary because of their iniquity” (Helaman 5:4). He had witnessed the deterioration of faith among … Continue reading
Near the end of King Benjamin’s sermon, after he taught his people about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, after they prayed and received a remission of their sins, and after he gave them counsel about what they should do to … Continue reading
This week, I’m going to ask some questions about translation. Here are a few of the questions I’m planning to tackle: Why is it important for people to hear the gospel in their own language? What is the Urim and … Continue reading
15 And I did teach my people to build buildings, and to work in all manner of wood, and of iron, and of copper, and of brass, and of steel, and of gold, and of silver, and of precious ores, … Continue reading