21 Now there was a strict law among the people of the church, that there should not any man, belonging to the church, arise and persecute those that did not belong to the church, and that there should be no persecution among themselves.
22 Nevertheless, there were many among them who began to be proud, and began to contend warmly with their adversaries, even unto blows; yea, they would smite one another with their fists.
23 Now this was in the second year of the reign of Alma, and it was a cause of much affliction to the church; yea, it was the cause of much trial with the church.
24 For the hearts of many were hardened, and their names were blotted out, that they were remembered no more among the people of God. And also many withdrew themselves from among them.
- What Does It Mean to Eat and Drink the Bread and Water to Our Souls?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Sacrament?
- Why Did the Disciples Pray to Jesus in 3 Nephi 19?
- How Is Jesus Both “the Father and the Son?”
- How Is Jesus Christ “the Light and the Life of the World?”
- What Is the Significance of the Name “Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace?”
- What Is the Significance of the Name “Immanuel?”
- Why Is Jesus Called “the Good Shepherd?”
- What Is the Significance of the Title “the Lord Omnipotent?”
- What Is the Significance of the Title “the Mighty One of Jacob?”
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- Mosiah 7:18 An Effectual Struggle
- His Hand Is Stretched Out Still - 2 Nephi 19:12, 17, 21; 20:4
- King Benjamin's Speech - Mosiah 2-5
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- Sufficient Is the Day - 3 Nephi 13:31-34
- Whom He Has Not Served - Mosiah 5:13
- The Beatitudes - 3 Nephi 12:3-12