- What Does It Mean to Be Sober?
- Why Are “Envyings” Associated with “Strife?”
- What Does It Mean to Do Something with “Real Intent?”
- What Guidance Does the Book of Mormon Provide About Recognizing the Holy Ghost?
- How Does God Communicate with Us?
- Why Do We Need Prophets?
- Why Is Firsthand Spiritual Knowledge Important?
- Why Is It Good to Be Submissive?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Easy to Be Entreated?”
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Patience?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- They Would Not Be Redeemed - Mosiah 26:26
- If All Men Had Been...Like Unto Moroni - Alma 48:11-13, 17
- Bridle All Your Passions - Alma 38:12
- What Does It Mean to Be "Easy to Be Entreated?"
- What Does It Mean to Do Something with "Real Intent?"
- What Offering Will the Sons of Levi Make in Righteousness?
- Witnesses of God - Mosiah 18:8-10
Tag Archives: Alma 1
Today, I reviewed the passages in the Book of Mormon about patience. I learned the following principles: God is patient with us. King Benjamin wanted his people to understand that God has great power and wisdom, but that He is … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon explicitly connects idolatry (the worship of man-made objects) with idleness (slothfulness). For example: Mormon tells us that the wicked king Noah and his priests “were supported in their laziness, and in their idolatry, and in their … Continue reading
People are more important than things. We all know that. But at times we are all tempted to prioritize things over people. Why is that? Here’s one reason: We all want to be appreciated and respected. In our world, appearances … Continue reading
25 Now this was a great trial to those that did stand fast in the faith; nevertheless, they were steadfast and immovable in keeping the commandments of God, and they bore with patience the persecution which was heaped upon them. … Continue reading
26 And when the priests left their labor to impart the word of God unto the people, the people also left their labors to hear the word of God. And when the priest had imparted unto them the word of … Continue reading
27 And they did impart of their substance, every man according to that which he had, to the poor, and the needy, and the sick, and the afflicted; and they did not wear costly apparel, yet they were neat and … Continue reading