45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
- Even when they’re suffering, they are kind. Marriage involves facing all of life together, including difficult challenges and painful experiences. In order for the marriage to be durable, it is essential to speak and act kindly toward one another, even during those difficult times.
- They avoid envy. A married couple should celebrate one another’s successes and be grateful for the strengths they each bring to the relationships. Both spouses should seek to support the other in developing their talents and accomplishing their goals.
- They are not easily provoked. It is human nature to be easily offended, and we are most vulnerable in our most intimate relationships. Charitable people give their spouse the benefit of the doubt and avoid attributing harmful motives to their spouse’s words or actions.
- They think no evil of each other. A happily married couple focuses on one other’s positive qualities and chooses not to dwell on one another’s shortcomings.
- They believe and hope all things. When married couples go through discouraging times together, it is important that they not only be kind to one another but that they also encourage and uplift each other. If both spouses can maintain their belief and their hope, then they can help one another to endure any difficulty or trial they might face.
Thank you so much for this!
Thank you for the comment. I’m glad you enjoyed the post.