There is power in a sincere and heartfelt declaration of belief. Sometimes I try to exercise my faith by merely pleading for a blessing. But the scriptures are full of stories in which people who have asked for specific blessings are prompted to reaffirm their belief before the blessing is granted.
We know miracles follow faith (Ether 12:12), but if we confuse faith with desire, we may be missing crucial actions required to manifest or even to unlock our faith.
Today I will exercise my faith by proclaiming my belief. I will pray for blessings and express the desires of my heart to God, but I will also communicate my confidence in Him and my conviction that He can grant the blessing.
- The Fulness of the Gentiles – 3 Nephi 16:4
- One Fold, and One Shepherd – 3 Nephi 15:21
- This Is the Law and the Prophets – 3 Nephi 14:12
- I Never Knew You – 3 Nephi 14:21-23
- They Have Their Reward – 3 Nephi 13:2, 5, 16
- Whosoever Is Angry with His Brother – 3 Nephi 12:21-22
- More Blessed Are They Who Shall Believe in Your Words – 3 Nephi 12:1-2
- The Spirit of Contention – 3 Nephi 11:29-30
- I Am the Light and the Life of the World – 3 Nephi 9:18, 3 Nephi 11:11
- The Places of Your Dwellings Shall Become Desolate – 3 Nephi 9:6-7
- Lessons from the Teachings of Jesus Christ in the Book of Mormon
- If All Men Had Been...Like Unto Moroni - Alma 48:11-13, 17
- Lessons from Missionary Experiences in the Book of Mormon
- Lessons from the Writings of Nephi
- Whosoever Is Angry with His Brother - 3 Nephi 12:21-22
- Lessons from Visions and Spiritual Experiences in the Book of Mormon