- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach about Sacrifice?
- What Is the Sealing Power?
- What Is Foreordination?
- How Can I Avoid Being an “Unholy Temple?”
- What Is “Awful Woundedness?”
- What Does It Mean to Ponder?
- What Can We Learn from the Women in the Book of Mormon?
- What Is an Elder?
- Why Are Ordinances Important?
- What Does It Mean to Be Ordained?
- Why Is Jesus Called "the Author and the Finisher of Our Faith?"
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- What Are Some Examples of Faith in the Book of Mormon?
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- What Does It Mean to Harden Your Heart?
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- I Will Go - 1 Nephi 3:7
Tag Archives: Alma 15
The Bible Dictionary explains that a priest is a mediator between his people and God. The priest fulfills this role by: Performing religious ceremonies (ordinances) Preaching the gospel Receiving revelation on behalf of the people, and Blessing the people in … Continue reading
When a rift developed among the apostles over the question of who would be greatest in the kingdom of heaven, Jesus called them together to teach them about leadership: Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over … Continue reading
Just after participating in the Last Supper, the Savior walked with His disciples to the Garden of Gethsemane, at the foot of the Mount of Olives. Telling His disciples, “Pray that ye enter not into temptation,” He walked a little … Continue reading
To consecrate something is to make it sacred, to set it apart for a holy purpose (Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary). The opposite is to desecrate something, which means literally to “divest it of [its] sacred character,” or to “treat it with sacrilege” (Online … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed all of the prayers I could find in the Book of Mormon. I specifically looked at actual prayers which are quoted word for word, not prayers which are merely mentioned, and not sample prayers given for teaching … Continue reading
17 Therefore, after Alma having established the church at Sidom, seeing a great check, yea, seeing that the people were checked as to the pride of their hearts, and began to humble themselves before God, and began to assemble themselves … Continue reading