After Limhi’s people and Alma’s people returned to Zarahemla, King Mosiah read their histories to his people. He then authorized Alma to establish churches across the land, just as Alma had organized a church at the waters of Mormon (Mosiah 25:19). The last four chapters of Mosiah describe several significant events which occured during the 30 years (approximately) that Mosiah governed the kingdom and Alma led the church:
- Alma confronts the issue of church members who refuse to follow church standards (Mosiah 26).
- Alma’s son and the four sons of Mosiah are converted to the gospel by an angel of the Lord (Mosiah 27).
- The sons of Mosiah begin their mission to the Lamanites (Mosiah 28:1-9).
- Mosiah translates the Jaredite record found by Limhi’s people (Mosiah 28:10-20).
Here are some blog posts relating to these chapters:
Establishing the Church
- Freedom of religion: What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Relationship Between Church and State?
- An extension of the family, and a support for the family: What Is the Relationship Between the Family and the Church?
- How the work of salvation can happen on a large scale: They Were All One Church – Mosiah 25:19-22
Governing the Church
- Leadership roles in the church: What Is a High Priest?
- Choosing to be healed: They Would Not Be Redeemed – Mosiah 26:26
- Receiving guidance for leadership decisions: The Spirit of Alma Was…Troubled – Mosiah 26:6-7, 13
- Praying on behalf of others: Thou Art My Servant – Mosiah 26:19-20
- Maintaining our emotional equanimity: They Should Let No Pride Nor Haughtiness Disturb Their Peace – Mosiah 27:3-4
- Accepting corrective feedback: They Were Also Admonished – Mosiah 26:39
Conversion to the Gospel
- Praying persistently for your children: He Has Prayed with Much Faith – Mosiah 27:14
- A fundamental and permanent change in our very nature: All Mankind Must Be Born Again – Mosiah 27:25-26
- Recognizing your need to be saved: What Are Some Examples of People Coming Unto Christ?
- The transforming power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ: Born Again – Mosiah 27:25-26
- Lessons from the sons of Mosiah: How Can I Be a Better Missionary?
- Motivated by your own conversion: Thus Did the Spirit of the Lord Work upon Them – Mosiah 28:3-5
Translating the Jaredite Plates
- The sorrow and joy of knowledge: What Do We Know About the Jaredite Plates?
Leave a Reply