12 And it came to pass that when I, Mormon, saw their lamentation and their mourning and their sorrow before the Lord, my heart did begin to rejoice within me, knowing the mercies and the long-suffering of the Lord, therefore supposing that he would be merciful unto them that they would again become a righteous people.
13 But behold this my joy was vain, for their sorrowing was not unto repentance, because of the goodness of God; but it was rather the sorrowing of the damned, because the Lord would not always suffer them to take happiness in sin.
14 And they did not come unto Jesus with broken hearts and contrite spirits, but they did curse God, and wish to die. Nevertheless they would struggle with the sword for their lives.
- The Spirit of Alma Was…Troubled – Mosiah 26:6-7, 13
- They Were All One Church – Mosiah 25:19-22
- He Consecrated All Their Priests and All Their Teachers – Mosiah 23:16-18
- They Were Called the Church of God – Mosiah 18:16-17
- He Should Take the Names – Mosiah 6:1-2
- I Would That Ye Should Take Upon You the Name of Christ – Mosiah 5:7-8
- They Had Brought No Records with Them – Omni 1:17-19
- Thy Fathers Have Also Required of Me This Thing – Enos 1:16-18
- They Did Prick Their Hearts – Jarom 1:11-12
- They Searched the Scriptures – Jacob 7:23
- Every Thing Which Inviteth and Enticeth to Do Good - Moroni 7:13
- Rolled Together as a Scroll - Mormon 5:23
- Much Dispute and Wonderful Contentions - Alma 2:2-5
- Liken Them unto Yourselves - 1 Nephi 19:23-24
- Live in Thanksgiving Daily - Alma 34:38
- The Allegory of the Olive Tree - Jacob 5
- Wrestling with God in Mighty Prayer - Alma 8:10
- They Were All One Church - Mosiah 25:19-22
- Our Work Is Not Yet Finished - Alma 14:12-13