- What Are “Plain and Precious” Things?
- What Is Truth?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Corruption?
- Why Do Quotes from the King James Version Appear in the Book of Mormon, Even Ones that Joseph Smith Later Altered in his Translation of the Bible ?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Creation of the Earth?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- What Is Truth?
- 3 Nephi 11:29-30 He That Hath the Spirit of Contention Is Not of Me
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- That Which Cannot Satisfy - 2 Nephi 9:51
- King Benjamin's Speech - Mosiah 2-5
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- 3 Nephi 9:13 Will Ye Not Now Return Unto Me?
Category Archives: Repentance
In this life, there is a space between choices and consequences. That’s what makes it a period of probation. We are not trained animals, taking actions with the expectation of immediate rewards or punishments. Instead, we are often left alone, … Continue reading
Four times in the Book of Mormon, we are taught a fundamental principle: God doesn’t dwell in unholy temples. If we make choices which make us unholy, we cannot have His Spirit with us. Today, I examined these four passages … Continue reading
Three times in the Book of Mormon, prophets warn people not to procrastinate their repentance. Alma tells the people of Ammonihah, “I wish from the inmost part of my heart, yea, with great anxiety even unto pain, that ye would … Continue reading
Today, I spent some time looking at the passages in the Book of Mormon that talk about guilt. Here is what I learned: There is a human tendency to suppress feelings of guilt. We know intuitively when we have done … Continue reading
While John the Baptist was preaching in the wilderness in Judea, a group of Saducees and Pharisees traveled to see this popular teacher for themselves. Addressing them directly, he asked why they had come, wryly attributing to them a wiser … Continue reading
Repentance is a fundamental part of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Because we know that we can be forgiven for the wrongs we have committed, we choose to repent as a demonstration of our faith in Him. As President Russell … Continue reading
Some version of the word “repent” appears 360 times in the Book of Mormon. In comparison, in the King James Version of the Bible, the word appears 46 times in the the Old Testament and 66 times in the New … Continue reading