- What Is the Urim and Thummim?
- What Is the Gift of Tongues?
- Why Is It Important for People to Hear the Gospel in Their Own Language?
- How Did Joseph Smith Translate the Book of Mormon?
- What Is the Relationship Between Faith and Patience?
- What Are Some Examples of Faith in the Book of Mormon?
- What is the Relationship Between Faith and Humility?
- How Can We Overcome Our Doubts?
- Is It Possible to Know Something but Not to Know That You Know It?
- What Is the Relationship Between Faith and Knowledge?
- Nephi’s Psalm - 2 Nephi 4:15-35
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- That I May Shake at the Appearance of Sin - 2 Nephi 4:31
- Immediately - Alma 34:31
- For the Welfare of Those Who Are Around You - Alma 34:27-28
- That Same Spirit - Alma 34:33-35
- Without Being Compelled to Be Humble - Alma 32:15-16
- 1 Nephi 11:16-17 I Know That He Loveth His Children
Category Archives: Repentance
11 Wherefore, the prophets, and the priests, and the teachers, did labor diligently, exhorting with all long-suffering the people to diligence; teaching the law of Moses, and the intent for which it was given; persuading them to look forward unto … Continue reading
1 In the year that king Uzziah died, I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple…. 5 Then said I: Wo is unto me! for I am undone; because … Continue reading
Some of the chapters in the Book of Mormon are addressed directly to us, the modern readers of the book. Moroni wrote, “I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ … Continue reading
Setting After describing the final battle between his people and their enemies, the Lamanites, Mormon wrote one final message to the descendants of the Lamanites. His people had been completely destroyed, except for a few who had deserted, a few … Continue reading
Setting After relating some of the experiences of the prophet Nephi, including great miracles which failed to convert the people and a natural disaster which only temporarily convinced them to humble themselves and repent, Mormon inserted this editorial commentary. Purpose … Continue reading
Setting After his father died, Nephi’s relationship with his oldest brothers, Laman and Lemuel deteriorated. They had never been very receptive to his admonitions, but now, their anger was increasing (2 Nephi 4:13). Nephi was frustrated, not only with them … Continue reading