18 Now Alma did not grant unto him the office of being high priest over the church, but he retained the office of high priest unto himself; but he delivered the judgment-seat unto Nephihah.
19 And this he did that he himself might go forth among his people, or among the people of Nephi, that he might preach the word of God unto them, to stir them up in remembrance of their duty, and that he might pull down, by the word of God, all the pride and craftiness and all the contentions which were among his people, seeing no way that he might reclaim them save it were in bearing down in pure testimony against them.
20 And thus in the commencement of the ninth year of the reign of the judges over the people of Nephi, Alma delivered up the judgment-seat to Nephihah, and confined himself wholly to the high priesthood of the holy order of God, to the testimony of the word, according to the spirit of revelation and prophecy.
- He Consecrated All Their Priests and All Their Teachers – Mosiah 23:16-18
- They Were Called the Church of God – Mosiah 18:16-17
- He Should Take the Names – Mosiah 6:1-2
- I Would That Ye Should Take Upon You the Name of Christ – Mosiah 5:7-8
- They Had Brought No Records with Them – Omni 1:17-19
- Thy Fathers Have Also Required of Me This Thing – Enos 1:16-18
- They Did Prick Their Hearts – Jarom 1:11-12
- They Searched the Scriptures – Jacob 7:23
- We Did Magnify Our Office unto the Lord – Jacob 1:19
- Priests and Teachers – 2 Nephi 5:26, Jacob 1:18
- Shake Off the Awful Chains with Which Ye Are Bound - 2 Nephi 1:13
- Much Dispute and Wonderful Contentions - Alma 2:2-5
- Witnesses of God - Mosiah 18:8-10
- The Large and Spacious Building - 1 Nephi 12:18
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Their Souls Are Precious - Alma 31:35
- The Allegory of the Olive Tree - Jacob 5
- Mosiah 7:18 An Effectual Struggle
- Restored unto Grace for Grace - Helaman 12:24