On the subject of public discourse, we should all follow the gospel teachings to love our neighbor and avoid contention. Followers of Christ should be examples of civility. We should love all people, be good listeners, and show concern for their sincere beliefs. Though we may disagree, we should not be disagreeable. Our stands and communications on controversial topics should not be contentious. We should be wise in explaining and pursuing our positions and in exercising our influence….
When our positions do not prevail, we should accept unfavorable results graciously and practice civility with our adversaries (“Loving Others and Living with Differences,” General Conference, October, 2014).
- The Spirit of Alma Was…Troubled – Mosiah 26:6-7, 13
- They Were All One Church – Mosiah 25:19-22
- He Consecrated All Their Priests and All Their Teachers – Mosiah 23:16-18
- They Were Called the Church of God – Mosiah 18:16-17
- He Should Take the Names – Mosiah 6:1-2
- I Would That Ye Should Take Upon You the Name of Christ – Mosiah 5:7-8
- They Had Brought No Records with Them – Omni 1:17-19
- Thy Fathers Have Also Required of Me This Thing – Enos 1:16-18
- They Did Prick Their Hearts – Jarom 1:11-12
- They Searched the Scriptures – Jacob 7:23
- Every Thing Which Inviteth and Enticeth to Do Good - Moroni 7:13
- Rolled Together as a Scroll - Mormon 5:23
- The Allegory of the Olive Tree - Jacob 5
- Wrestling with God in Mighty Prayer - Alma 8:10
- Live in Thanksgiving Daily - Alma 34:38
- They Were Desirous to Be Baptized - Mosiah 21:33-35
- Alma Teaches Corianton - Alma 39-42
- Helaman 5:12 Upon the Rock of Our Redeemer
- 1 Nephi 17:8-9 Whither Shall I Go That I May Find Ore to Molten?