- What Are “Plain and Precious” Things?
- What Is Truth?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Corruption?
- Why Do Quotes from the King James Version Appear in the Book of Mormon, Even Ones that Joseph Smith Later Altered in his Translation of the Bible ?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Creation of the Earth?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- What Is Truth?
- 3 Nephi 11:29-30 He That Hath the Spirit of Contention Is Not of Me
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- That Which Cannot Satisfy - 2 Nephi 9:51
- King Benjamin's Speech - Mosiah 2-5
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- 3 Nephi 9:13 Will Ye Not Now Return Unto Me?
Category Archives: Government
King Benjamin set the standard for political leadership when he reported to his people at the end of his reign that he had conscientiously labored to serve them and avoided taking advantage of his role for personal gain (Mosiah 2:12-15). … Continue reading
Before the time of King Mosiah, religion and government were commingled in Nephite society. Mosiah’s father, King Benjamin, had served not only as the political leader but also as the spiritual leader of his people, and Mosiah had followed suit. … Continue reading
King Mosiah, who followed his father’s example of servant leadership, was eventually convinced by his friend Alma that monarchy is a dangerous form of government. Alma had served as a priest under king Noah and was painfully aware of the … Continue reading
During the month of May, I studied chapters in the Book of Mormon which discuss governments: the characteristics of good governments, the characteristics of good leaders, what we can do to contribute to good governments, and how to avoid activities … Continue reading
5 And it came to pass that Riplakish did not do that which was right in the sight of the Lord, for he did have many wives and concubines, and did lay that upon men’s shoulders which was grievous to … Continue reading
4 And when Corihor was thirty and two years old he rebelled against his father, and went over and dwelt in the land of Nehor; and he begat sons and daughters, and they became exceedingly fair; wherefore Corihor drew away … Continue reading