In my judgment, diligently searching to discover connections, patterns, and themes is in part what it means to “feast” upon the words of Christ. This approach can open the floodgates of the spiritual reservoir, enlighten our understanding through His Spirit, and produce a depth of gratitude for the holy scriptures and a degree of spiritual commitment that can be received in no other way. Such searching enables us to build upon the rock of our Redeemer and to withstand the winds of wickedness in these latter days (“A Reservoir of Living Water,” BYU Speeches, Feb 4, 2007).
- Was It a Sin for Alma to Wish He Were an Angel?
- What Is a “Preparatory Redemption?”
- Why Did Jared Ask His Brother to Pray Instead of Praying Himself?
- What Can We Learn About Coming Unto Christ from the Brother of Jared?
- What Are Some Examples of People Coming Unto Christ?
- What Do Book of Mormon Prophets Teach Us About Coming Unto the Savior?
- How Does the Savior Invite Us to Come Unto Him?
- What Does It Mean to “Come Unto Christ?”
- Why Did God Prevent Adam and Eve from Partaking of the Tree of Life?
- Which Fruit in the Garden of Eden Was Bitter, and Which Was Sweet?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- What Is a "Preparatory Redemption?"
- Shake Off the Awful Chains with Which Ye Are Bound - 2 Nephi 1:13
- The Beatitudes - 3 Nephi 12:3-12
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- O Be Wise - Jacob 6:12
- What Is the Tree of Life?
- I Have Fasted and Prayed Many Days - Alma 5:45-46