4 Now, as Alma was teaching and speaking unto the people upon the hill Onidah, there came a great multitude unto him, who were those of whom we have been speaking, of whom were poor in heart, because of their poverty as to the things of the world.
5 And they came unto Alma; and the one who was the foremost among them said unto him: Behold, what shall these my brethren do, for they are despised of all men because of their poverty, yea, and more especially by our priests; for they have cast us out of our synagogues which we have labored abundantly to build with our own hands; and they have cast us out because of our exceeding poverty; and we have no place to worship our God; and behold, what shall we do?
6 And now when Alma heard this, he turned him about, his face immediately towards him, and he beheld with great joy; for he beheld that their afflictions had truly humbled them, and that they were in a preparation to hear the word.
7 Therefore he did say no more to the other multitude; but he stretched forth his hand, and cried unto those whom he beheld, who were truly penitent…
- The Words Which He Shall Speak…Shall Be the Law – 2 Nephi 26:1
- His Name Shall Be Jesus Christ – 2 Nephi 25:19-20
- The Lord Hath Founded Zion – 2 Nephi 24:32
- Fallen from Heaven – 2 Nephi 24:12-20
- Every Man’s Heart Shall Melt – 2 Nephi 23:6-8
- Call for Questions
- My Strength…My Song…My Salvation – 2 Nephi 22:2
- The Earth Shall Be Full of the Knowledge of the Lord – 2 Nephi 21:6-9
- The Remnant of Israel…Shall Stay upon the Lord…in Truth – 2 Nephi 20:20
- His Hand Is Stretched Out Still – 2 Nephi 19:12, 17, 21; 20:4
- 2 Nephi 1:1-2 He Shall Consecrate Thine Afflictions for Thy Gain
- His Name Shall Be Jesus Christ - 2 Nephi 25:19-20
- How Knoweth a Man the Master Whom He Has Not Served - Mosiah 5:13
- Alma 36:3 Whosoever Shall Put Their Trust in God
- If All Men Had Been...Like Unto Moroni - Alma 48:11-13, 17
- Put on Thy Strength - 2 Nephi 8:24-25
- He Left...His Precious Things - 1 Nephi 2:2-4
- With Healing in His Wings - 2 Nephi 25:13
- Believe in God - Mosiah 4:9-10
- That Which Cannot Satisfy - 2 Nephi 9:51