As we commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ this week, let’s remember what He accomplished before, during, and after His mortal ministry.
On January 1, 2000, leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints published a brief document entitled “The Living Christ,” which emphasizes that the Savior’s life “neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary.” Here are some truths about the Savior which appear in that document, together with relevant blog posts:
- He was the Great Jehovah of the Old Testament: What Is the Significance of the Name “Jehovah?”
- He taught us how to live by word and by example: Why Is Jesus Called “the Author and the Finisher of Our Faith?”
- He gave His life to atone for our sins: Ascension, Descension, and Comprehension.
- He rose from the grave: Redeemed, Reunited, Restored, Resurrected – Alma 11:40-45.
- He subsequently ministered to His “other sheep” on the American continent: Other Sheep I Have – 3 Nephi 15:21, 24.
- He later appeared to Joseph Smith to initiate the “dispensation of the fulness of times:” The Stem, the Rod, and the Root.
- He lives today and leads His church: He Who Liveth.
- He will one day return to the earth: What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Second Coming of Jesus Christ?
Here are some additional blog posts about the birth of Jesus Christ which you might enjoy reading this week:
- How Does the Birth of Jesus Christ Help Us Understand the Love of God?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- The Star
- Wise Men
- Son of God