He also said, “I will be a light unto them forever, that hear my words” (2 Nephi 10:14).
Elder Timothy J. Dyches said:
Just as sunlight daily bathes the earth to renew and sustain life, you can daily brighten the light within you when you choose to follow Him—Jesus Christ….
“As you keep your face towards the sunshine, the shadows cannot help but fall behind you.”“Light Cleaveth unto Light,” General Conference, April 2021
Elder Dyches listed a number of activities which will add “[drops] of sunshine” to our lives:
- Seeking God in prayer
- Studying the scriptures
- Acting on guidance from living prophets
- “[Walking] in all the ordinances of the Lord” (See Doctrine and Covenants 136:4.)
- Partaking of the sacrament
- Sharing the gospel
- Serving others as the Savior did
- Visiting His holy temple
- Performing acts of kindness, patience, forgiveness, and charity
Today I will receive the light of Christ. I will turn toward Him and participate in activities which invite His light, knowing that it can overcome all darkness.