5 And it came to pass that Riplakish did not do that which was right in the sight of the Lord, for he did have many wives and concubines, and did lay that upon men’s shoulders which was grievous to be borne; yea, he did tax them with heavy taxes; and with the taxes he did build many spacious buildings.
6 And he did erect him an exceedingly beautiful throne; and he did build many prisons, and whoso would not be subject unto taxes he did cast into prison; and whoso was not able to pay taxes he did cast into prison; and he did cause that they should labor continually for their support; and whoso refused to labor he did cause to be put to death.
7 Wherefore he did obtain all his fine work, yea, even his fine gold he did cause to be refined in prison; and all manner of fine workmanship he did cause to be wrought in prison. And it came to pass that he did afflict the people with his whoredoms and abominations.
8 And when he had reigned for the space of forty and two years the people did rise up in rebellion against him; and there began to be war again in the land, insomuch that Riplakish was killed, and his descendants were driven out of the land.
- The Fulness of the Gentiles – 3 Nephi 16:4
- One Fold, and One Shepherd – 3 Nephi 15:21
- This Is the Law and the Prophets – 3 Nephi 14:12
- I Never Knew You – 3 Nephi 14:21-23
- They Have Their Reward – 3 Nephi 13:2, 5, 16
- Whosoever Is Angry with His Brother – 3 Nephi 12:21-22
- More Blessed Are They Who Shall Believe in Your Words – 3 Nephi 12:1-2
- The Spirit of Contention – 3 Nephi 11:29-30
- I Am the Light and the Life of the World – 3 Nephi 9:18, 3 Nephi 11:11
- The Places of Your Dwellings Shall Become Desolate – 3 Nephi 9:6-7