5 And it came to pass that Riplakish did not do that which was right in the sight of the Lord, for he did have many wives and concubines, and did lay that upon men’s shoulders which was grievous to be borne; yea, he did tax them with heavy taxes; and with the taxes he did build many spacious buildings.
6 And he did erect him an exceedingly beautiful throne; and he did build many prisons, and whoso would not be subject unto taxes he did cast into prison; and whoso was not able to pay taxes he did cast into prison; and he did cause that they should labor continually for their support; and whoso refused to labor he did cause to be put to death.
7 Wherefore he did obtain all his fine work, yea, even his fine gold he did cause to be refined in prison; and all manner of fine workmanship he did cause to be wrought in prison. And it came to pass that he did afflict the people with his whoredoms and abominations.
8 And when he had reigned for the space of forty and two years the people did rise up in rebellion against him; and there began to be war again in the land, insomuch that Riplakish was killed, and his descendants were driven out of the land.
- Unto Three Shall They Be Shown – Ether 5:2-3
- He That Will Not Believe My Words Will Not Believe Me – Ether 4:12
- Mormon’s Final Message – Mormon 7
- Moroni’s First Message to His Modern Readers – Mormon 8-9
- The Redemption of Man – Mormon 9:12-14
- From Whence Their Blessings Come – Mormon 5:10
- Without Sail or Anchor – Mormon 5:17-18
- Rolled Together as a Scroll – Mormon 5:23
- The Judgment-Seat of Christ – Mormon 3:20, 22
- Turn, All Ye Gentiles – 3 Nephi 30:2
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- They Laughed Us to Scorn - Alma 26:23-26
- I Have Fasted and Prayed Many Days - Alma 5:45-46
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- If All Men Had Been...Like Unto Moroni - Alma 48:11-13, 17
- Every Thing Which Inviteth and Enticeth to Do Good - Moroni 7:13
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- All Thy Work - Mosiah 13:16-19