- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- What Do We Know About God’s Love for Us?
- What Does It Mean to “Render” Thanks?
- How Should I Express Gratitude?
- When Should I Express Gratitude?
- What Should I Be Thankful For?
- What Is Joy?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- A Broken Heart and a Contrite Spirit - 3 Nephi 9:19-20
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- A Broken Heart and a Contrite Spirit - 3 Nephi 9:20
- I Will Give Away All My Sins - Alma 22:18
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- 3 Nephi 11:29-30 He That Hath the Spirit of Contention Is Not of Me
Category Archives: Soberness
Throughout the Book of Mormon, people who are responsible, disciplined, and serious are referred to as “sober.” Nephi and Jacob both tell us that they taught the gospel with soberness (1 Nephi 18:10, Jacob 6:5). Jacob explains that God expected … Continue reading
14 And there were no gifts from the Lord, and the Holy Ghost did not come upon any, because of their wickedness and unbelief.15 And I, being fifteen years of age and being somewhat of a sober mind, therefore I … Continue reading
20 And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted.21 … Continue reading
20 And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all–they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted. … Continue reading