- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach about Sacrifice?
- What Is the Sealing Power?
- What Is Foreordination?
- How Can I Avoid Being an “Unholy Temple?”
- What Is “Awful Woundedness?”
- What Does It Mean to Ponder?
- What Can We Learn from the Women in the Book of Mormon?
- What Is an Elder?
- Why Are Ordinances Important?
- What Does It Mean to Be Ordained?
- Why Is Jesus Called "the Author and the Finisher of Our Faith?"
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Ye Shall Prosper in the Land - 2 Nephi 4:4
- What Are Some Examples of Faith in the Book of Mormon?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- What Does It Mean to Harden Your Heart?
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
Author Archives: Paul Anderson
When Moses saw the burning bush on Mount Horeb, God commanded him to return to Egypt and lead his people out of slavery. Moses was somewhat concerned about fulfilling this assignment alone. But God explained that he wouldn’t be alone: … Continue reading
Yesterday, I wrote that to be ordained is to be set in order. An ordinance is the mechanism used to create order. It is an action that is formally prescribed by God which we perform to show our devotion to … Continue reading
We generally think of order as a good thing and its opposite—disarray, mismanagement, or chaos—as a bad thing. Most of us work hard to organize our lives and to fulfill our responsibilities in an orderly way. Furthermore, when we participate … Continue reading
After Abraham and Lot settled in the land of Canaan, Lot fought in a battle and was taken prisoner. Abraham and 318 of his servants rescued him from his captors (Genesis 14:1-16). Upon their return, they were met by the … Continue reading
After leading the children of Israel out of slavery, Moses consecrated his brother Aaron and Aaron’s sons to serve as priests. They were given special clothing to wear, but Aaron’s clothing was distinct from the others. He wore a vest … Continue reading
The Oxford English Dictionary defines priesthood simply as “the office or position of a priest.” This is the everyday meaning of the word. When Mormon tells us that Alma gave up his position as chief judge and “confined himself wholly … Continue reading