- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- What Do We Know About God’s Love for Us?
- What Does It Mean to “Render” Thanks?
- How Should I Express Gratitude?
- When Should I Express Gratitude?
- What Should I Be Thankful For?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Caught with Guile?”
- Lessons from Alma
- The Allegory of the Olive Tree - Jacob 5
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- What Is Joy?
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- Feast Upon the Words of Christ - 2 Nephi 32:3
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
Tag Archives: Alma 42
This is the second of three posts in response to a question I received last week. Yesterday, I wrote that God’s love is most clearly demonstrated in the life and suffering of Jesus Christ, that the Savior feels genuine empathy … Continue reading
References to the resurrection appear only a couple of times in the Old Testament: Job testifies to his friends, “Though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God” (Job 19:26). Ezekiel describes a … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon contains many sermons. Some were delivered to hostile audiences, some to congregations of believers, and some to audiences of one. The interesting point to me is that the sermons to very small audiences, generally a father … Continue reading
Today is Father’s Day, and I’m thinking about what I can do to be a better father. Here are ten principles the Book of Mormon teaches about being an effective father: 1. Give your children assignments, and trust that they … Continue reading
The word “plan” doesn’t appear in the King James Version of the Bible. But it appears 51 times in the Book of Mormon. Book of Mormon prophets, particularly Jacob and Alma, teach clearly that God created a plan for us, … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed all 35 passages in the Book of Mormon which use the word “resurrection.” Here are some of the principles I saw: Because of the fall of Adam and Eve, we will all die (2 Nephi 9:6). There … Continue reading