- What Is a Saint?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Resurrection?
- What Does It Mean to Be Sober?
- Why Are “Envyings” Associated with “Strife?”
- What Does It Mean to Do Something with “Real Intent?”
- What Guidance Does the Book of Mormon Provide About Recognizing the Holy Ghost?
- How Does God Communicate with Us?
- Why Do We Need Prophets?
- Why Is Firsthand Spiritual Knowledge Important?
- Why Is It Good to Be Submissive?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- What Is It That Ye Shall Hope For? - Moroni 7:41
- Alma Teaches Shiblon - Alma 38
- I Will Go - 1 Nephi 3:7
- I Have Fasted and Prayed Many Days - Alma 5:45-46
- If All Men Had Been...Like Unto Moroni - Alma 48:11-13, 17
- Lessons from Sermons to Family Members
Tag Archives: Alma 42
Today, I reviewed all 35 passages in the Book of Mormon which use the word “resurrection.” Here are some of the principles I saw: Because of the fall of Adam and Eve, we will all die (2 Nephi 9:6). There … Continue reading
Throughout the Book of Mormon, people who are responsible, disciplined, and serious are referred to as “sober.” Nephi and Jacob both tell us that they taught the gospel with soberness (1 Nephi 18:10, Jacob 6:5). Jacob explains that God expected … Continue reading
The word “longsuffering” (without a hyphen) appears 17 times in the King James Version of the Bible. The word “long-suffering” (with a hyphen: the modern spelling of the word) appears 17 times in the Book of Mormon. What does it … Continue reading
After Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden of Eden, God placed “cherubim and a flaming sword” on the east side of the Garden of Eden. These heavenly sentinels ensured that Adam and Eve could not approach the … Continue reading
When Adam and Eve partook of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they became mortal. As the prophet Lehi explained to his sons, everything was static before that time: “If Adam had not transgressed…he would … Continue reading
The Bible tells the story of the Fall of Adam and Eve in Genesis 2-4. Job mentions it once (Job 31:33), and the Apostle Paul discusses it four times in his epistles (Romans 5:12-21, 1 Corinthians 15:21-22, 2 Corinthians 11:3, 1 … Continue reading
Some version of the word “atone” or “atonement” appears 39 times in the Book of Mormon in 26 different passages. Here are some key phrases from some of those passages: “Prepared from the foundation of the world” – Part of … Continue reading