- Was It a Sin for Alma to Wish He Were an Angel?
- What Is a “Preparatory Redemption?”
- Why Did Jared Ask His Brother to Pray Instead of Praying Himself?
- What Can We Learn About Coming Unto Christ from the Brother of Jared?
- What Are Some Examples of People Coming Unto Christ?
- What Do Book of Mormon Prophets Teach Us About Coming Unto the Savior?
- How Does the Savior Invite Us to Come Unto Him?
- What Does It Mean to “Come Unto Christ?”
- Why Did God Prevent Adam and Eve from Partaking of the Tree of Life?
- Which Fruit in the Garden of Eden Was Bitter, and Which Was Sweet?
Tag Archives: Alma 42
After Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden of Eden, God placed “cherubim and a flaming sword” on the east side of the Garden of Eden. These heavenly sentinels ensured that Adam and Eve could not approach the … Continue reading
When Adam and Eve partook of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they became mortal. As the prophet Lehi explained to his sons, everything was static before that time: “If Adam had not transgressed…he would … Continue reading
The Bible tells the story of the Fall of Adam and Eve in Genesis 2-4. Job mentions it once (Job 31:33), and the Apostle Paul discusses it four times in his epistles (Romans 5:12-21, 1 Corinthians 15:21-22, 2 Corinthians 11:3, 1 … Continue reading
Some version of the word “atone” or “atonement” appears 39 times in the Book of Mormon in 26 different passages. Here are some key phrases from some of those passages: “Prepared from the foundation of the world” – Part of … Continue reading
15 And now, the plan of mercy could not be brought about except an atonement should be made; therefore God himself atoneth for the sins of the world, to bring about the plan of mercy, to appease the demands of … Continue reading
1 Now my son, here is somewhat more I would say unto thee; for I perceive that thy mind is worried concerning the resurrection of the dead. (Alma 40:1) 1 And now, my son, I have somewhat to say concerning … Continue reading