- What Should I Think About?
- How Can I Be a More Effective Leader?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- How Can I Manage Time More Effectively?
- How Can I Be Healed?
- What Are the Gifts of the Spirit?
- How Can I Recognize the Temptations of the Devil?
- What Is the Spirit of Prophecy?
- What Can We Learn from the Crossing of the Red Sea?
- Who Are the Lost Tribes of Israel?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- What Does It Mean to "Come Unto Christ?"
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- The Guilty Taketh the Truth to Be Hard - 1 Nephi 16:1-3
- He Turned Him About - Helaman 5:36-37
- Are We Not All Beggars? - Mosiah 4:19-21
Tag Archives: Alma 42
Today is Father’s Day, and I’m thinking about what I can do to be a better father. Here are ten principles the Book of Mormon teaches about being an effective father: 1. Give your children assignments, and trust that they … Continue reading
The word “plan” doesn’t appear in the King James Version of the Bible. But it appears 51 times in the Book of Mormon. Book of Mormon prophets, particularly Jacob and Alma, teach clearly that God created a plan for us, … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed all 35 passages in the Book of Mormon which use the word “resurrection.” Here are some of the principles I saw: Because of the fall of Adam and Eve, we will all die (2 Nephi 9:6). There … Continue reading
Throughout the Book of Mormon, people who are responsible, disciplined, and serious are referred to as “sober.” Nephi and Jacob both tell us that they taught the gospel with soberness (1 Nephi 18:10, Jacob 6:5). Jacob explains that God expected … Continue reading
The word “longsuffering” (without a hyphen) appears 17 times in the King James Version of the Bible. The word “long-suffering” (with a hyphen: the modern spelling of the word) appears 17 times in the Book of Mormon. What does it … Continue reading
After Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden of Eden, God placed “cherubim and a flaming sword” on the east side of the Garden of Eden. These heavenly sentinels ensured that Adam and Eve could not approach the … Continue reading