- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- What Do We Know About God’s Love for Us?
- What Does It Mean to “Render” Thanks?
- How Should I Express Gratitude?
- When Should I Express Gratitude?
- What Should I Be Thankful For?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Caught with Guile?”
- Lessons from Alma
- The Allegory of the Olive Tree - Jacob 5
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- What Is Joy?
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- Feast Upon the Words of Christ - 2 Nephi 32:3
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
Tag Archives: Alma 27
The king of the Lamanites was troubled. His people had accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ after being taught by a group of Nephite missionaries. They had made a solemn oath never to fight again. Their own people had turned … Continue reading
“Thou shalt not kill” (Exodus 20:13). The sixth of the Ten Commandments which the Lord gave to Moses on Mount Sinai is clear and uncontroversial. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus expanded the commandment: Not only is it wrong … Continue reading
The Greek word for joy is chara (χαρά). It is related to the word charis (χάρις), which means “grace.” Thus, Strong’s Concordance defines the term as “joy because of grace” or “the awareness of God’s grace.” No wonder that Enos … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon teaches that there is a being in the universe who is trying to harm us and to thwart God’s plan. His name is Satan (שָׂטָן – the Hebrew word for “adversary”), and he is commonly known … Continue reading
zeal – Great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective (Oxford English Dictionary) When the Nephites welcomed a large number of Lamanite refugees into their land, they not only had to give them a place to … Continue reading
As I wrote yesterday, we need to forgive others in order to be forgiven by God. That’s because an unforgiving heart is unable to receive God’s healing power. But what should we do when we, or the people we are … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed all 35 passages in the Book of Mormon which use the word “resurrection.” Here are some of the principles I saw: Because of the fall of Adam and Eve, we will all die (2 Nephi 9:6). There … Continue reading