- How Can I Avoid Being an “Unholy Temple?”
- What Is “Awful Woundedness?”
- What Does It Mean to Ponder?
- What Can We Learn from the Women in the Book of Mormon?
- What Is an Elder?
- Why Are Ordinances Important?
- What Does It Mean to Be Ordained?
- Who Was Melchizedek?
- What Is a High Priest?
- What Is the Priesthood?
- Why Is Jesus Called "the Author and the Finisher of Our Faith?"
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- Alma 36:3 Whosoever Shall Put Their Trust in God
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- Eat, Drink, and Be Merry - 2 Nephi 28:7-8
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- Why Did the Nephites Keep the Law of Moses?
- How Do I Know If I'm Worthy to Take the Sacrament?
- Unprofitable Servants - Mosiah 2:21
Tag Archives: Alma 18
Near the end of his remarks to his son Shiblon, Alma gave him the following advice: Use boldness, but not overbearance (Alma 38:12). To be bold is to be “confident, courageous, and willing to take risks.” To be overbearing is to … Continue reading
Many of us spend a large amount of time at work, contributing to the goals of an organization and interacting with peers, subordinates, and managers. Today, I found the following principles in the Book of Mormon to help me be … Continue reading
One test of integrity is what you choose to do when no one is watching. So a powerful indication of our character is what we choose to think about. We generally assume that our thoughts are private, that no one … Continue reading
Today, I pondered what I can do to be a better listener. Here are some relevant guidelines taught by the Book of Mormon: 1. Recognize your own limitations and prepare yourself to participate fully in the interaction. When Nephi returned … Continue reading
King Benjamin was a remarkable leader. He was able to remain humble in spite of the political power he possessed, and to avoid abusing that power. At the end of his life, as he reported back to his people, he … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed all of the prayers I could find in the Book of Mormon. I specifically looked at actual prayers which are quoted word for word, not prayers which are merely mentioned, and not sample prayers given for teaching … Continue reading