- Why Are Reunions Important?
- What Is Wisdom?
- What Are “Plain and Precious” Things?
- What Is Truth?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Corruption?
- Why Do Quotes from the King James Version Appear in the Book of Mormon, Even Ones that Joseph Smith Later Altered in his Translation of the Bible ?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Creation of the Earth?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- His Hand Is Stretched Out Still - 2 Nephi 19:12, 17, 21; 20:4
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- Eat, Drink, and Be Merry - 2 Nephi 28:7-8
- What Offering Will the Sons of Levi Make in Righteousness?
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
Tag Archives: 1 Nephi 8
Yesterday, I received a question about one of my posts, entitled Willing to Submit – Mosiah 3:19. Here is the question: God is love right? So how can love inflict when the term inflict has to do with punishment. Surely love … Continue reading
In Lehi’s dream, after arriving at the tree of life and tasting its sweet fruit, after guiding family members to the same tree, and after seeing many other people arrive at that tree by following a rod of iron through … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I wrote about how to overcome temptation. A friend of mine asked me to consider the following question: How much power does the devil have over us? Does he have any power at all if we … Continue reading
In Lehi’s dream, he first described his own journey to the tree of life, which was a result of his own personal prayers. After he ate the fruit, and found it to be “desirable above all other fruit” (1 Nephi … Continue reading
Elder D. Todd Christofferson has pointed out that the gospel was originally taught in families. The organization of the church came later: Beginning with Adam, the gospel of Jesus Christ was preached, and the essential ordinances of salvation, such as … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon teaches that there is a being in the universe who is trying to harm us and to thwart God’s plan. His name is Satan (שָׂטָן – the Hebrew word for “adversary”), and he is commonly known … Continue reading