- What Is a Saint?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Resurrection?
- What Does It Mean to Be Sober?
- Why Are “Envyings” Associated with “Strife?”
- What Does It Mean to Do Something with “Real Intent?”
- What Guidance Does the Book of Mormon Provide About Recognizing the Holy Ghost?
- How Does God Communicate with Us?
- Why Do We Need Prophets?
- Why Is Firsthand Spiritual Knowledge Important?
- Why Is It Good to Be Submissive?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- What Is It That Ye Shall Hope For? - Moroni 7:41
- Alma Teaches Shiblon - Alma 38
- I Will Go - 1 Nephi 3:7
- I Have Fasted and Prayed Many Days - Alma 5:45-46
- If All Men Had Been...Like Unto Moroni - Alma 48:11-13, 17
- Lessons from Sermons to Family Members
Tag Archives: 1 Nephi 8
After writing two days ago about the importance of firsthand spiritual knowledge, and after writing yesterday about the role of prophets in helping us to grow closer to God, I was thinking today about the variety of ways that God sends … Continue reading
Near the end of his second book, the prophet Nephi pleads with us to pray. He tells us that we should “pray always, and not faint.” He counsels us not to do anything without asking God to consecrate our actions … Continue reading
In the first chapter of the Book of Mormon, Nephi describes a series of revelations which his father Lehi received. Lehi learns that his city, Jerusalem will be destroyed, and he attempts to warn the people of the city. In … Continue reading
Near the beginning of the Book of Mormon, the prophet Lehi described to his family a spiritual dream he had experienced. The central object in this dream was a tree “whose fruit was desirable to make one happy” (1 Nephi … Continue reading
24 And it came to pass that I beheld others pressing forward, and they came forth and caught hold of the end of the rod of iron; and they did press forward through the mist of darkness, clinging to the … Continue reading
11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof … Continue reading