- Why Are “Envyings” Associated with “Strife?”
- What Does It Mean to Do Something with “Real Intent?”
- What Guidance Does the Book of Mormon Provide About Recognizing the Holy Ghost?
- How Does God Communicate with Us?
- Why Do We Need Prophets?
- Why Is Firsthand Spiritual Knowledge Important?
- Why Is It Good to Be Submissive?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Easy to Be Entreated?”
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Patience?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Kindness?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- They Would Not Be Redeemed - Mosiah 26:26
- If All Men Had Been...Like Unto Moroni - Alma 48:11-13, 17
- Bridle All Your Passions - Alma 38:12
- What Does It Mean to Be "Easy to Be Entreated?"
- What Does It Mean to Do Something with "Real Intent?"
- What Offering Will the Sons of Levi Make in Righteousness?
- Witnesses of God - Mosiah 18:8-10
Category Archives: Prayer
We have significant latitude over the content of our prayers. For the most part, we can pray for the things we want to pray for, and our Heavenly Father wants us to share our genuine thoughts and feelings when we … Continue reading
Every time we pray, we face a paradox. On the one hand, we know that God’s ways are higher than our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9). We are imperfect mortals with limited perspective attempting to communicate with a Being who knows infinitely … Continue reading
After preaching the gospel, baptizing hundreds of people, and organizing the church in the land of Mormon, the prophet Alma led his people into the wilderness. They traveled for eight days, arriving at a beautiful place where they decided to … Continue reading
In Alma 31, we read about an inappropriate prayer offered by the wealthy class of the Zoramites. When the prophet Alma and his team of missionaries heard it, they were appalled. Alma concluded from hearing this prayer recited multiple times … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed all of the prayers I could find in the Book of Mormon. I specifically looked at actual prayers which are quoted word for word, not prayers which are merely mentioned, and not sample prayers given for teaching … Continue reading
Which room in your home would you be least likely to invite an acquaintance to visit? Perhaps a closet or a storage room, a place that may not be as well organized as the rest of the house, and which, … Continue reading