- Was It a Sin for Alma to Wish He Were an Angel?
- What Is a “Preparatory Redemption?”
- Why Did Jared Ask His Brother to Pray Instead of Praying Himself?
- What Can We Learn About Coming Unto Christ from the Brother of Jared?
- What Are Some Examples of People Coming Unto Christ?
- What Do Book of Mormon Prophets Teach Us About Coming Unto the Savior?
- How Does the Savior Invite Us to Come Unto Him?
- What Does It Mean to “Come Unto Christ?”
- Why Did God Prevent Adam and Eve from Partaking of the Tree of Life?
- Which Fruit in the Garden of Eden Was Bitter, and Which Was Sweet?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Let Your Light So Shine - 3 Nephi 12:14-16
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- What Is a "Preparatory Redemption?"
- What Is the Tree of Life?
- The Beatitudes - 3 Nephi 12:3-12
- Looking Beyond the Mark - Jacob 14-16
- Has the Day of Miracles Ceased? - Moroni 7:35-37
Category Archives: Jesus Christ
Yesterday, I wrote about the lessons we can learn about coming unto Christ from the brother of Jared. Today, I’d like to explore a more specific question: why did Jared ask his brother to pray for him? Why didn’t he … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon tells the story of a family who traveled across the ocean to the American continent just after human languages were confounded at the Tower of Babel. The family was led by a man named Jared and … Continue reading
There are several experiences in the Book of Mormon in which people sought the Savior and found His healing power. Today, I want to look at three of those experiences and consider what we can learn from them. Enos had … Continue reading
Over the last two days, I’ve looked at invitations to come unto Christ in the Book of Mormon. Two days ago, we reviewed Amaleki’s and Moroni’s final admonitions to “come unto Christ.” Yesterday, we looked at passages where the Savior … Continue reading
I mentioned yesterday that the phrase “come unto Christ” appears only five times in the scriptures. In contrast, the Savior says “come unto me” 39 times in the scriptures: once in the Old Testament, six times in the New Testament, … Continue reading
Near the beginning of the Book of Mormon, the prophet Nephi tells us that his only purpose in writing is to persuade people to “come unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, … Continue reading
Before casting Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden, God explained to them how their lives would change. Eve would bring forth children in sorrow. (As Lehi explained to his sons, Adam and Eve were not capable of … Continue reading