- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach about Sacrifice?
- What Is the Sealing Power?
- What Is Foreordination?
- How Can I Avoid Being an “Unholy Temple?”
- What Is “Awful Woundedness?”
- What Does It Mean to Ponder?
- What Can We Learn from the Women in the Book of Mormon?
- What Is an Elder?
- Why Are Ordinances Important?
- What Does It Mean to Be Ordained?
- Why Is Jesus Called "the Author and the Finisher of Our Faith?"
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Ye Shall Prosper in the Land - 2 Nephi 4:4
- What Are Some Examples of Faith in the Book of Mormon?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- What Does It Mean to Harden Your Heart?
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
Category Archives: Holy Ghost
Yesterday, I wrote about the importance of learning to recognize the Holy Ghost. Today, I’d like to explore a related question: How can I tell the difference between the Holy Ghost and my own thoughts? Elder David A. Bednar and … Continue reading
Near the beginning of the Book of Mormon, as Nephi enters the city of Jerusalem to make a third attempt to acquire the brass plates, he tells us, “I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which … Continue reading
We are all different, and after we become disciples of Jesus Christ, we continue to have different strengths and abilities. When we receive the Spirit of the Lord, God gives us new spiritual capabilities, which we call spiritual gifts or … Continue reading
An advocate is someone who pleads for or promotes your cause. The term comes from the Latin word advocatus, which is a combination of ad (“to”) and vocatus (“called”) (Online Etymology Dictionary). An advocate is a person you would call … Continue reading
When God commanded Lehi to leave the city of Jerusalem, he obeyed immediately. He took his family three days’ journey into the wilderness and set up camp by a river in a valley. The family camped in that valley for … Continue reading
Nephi promised that, if we will receive the Holy Ghost, “it will show unto [us] all things what [we] should do” (2 Nephi 32:5). The Lord told Joseph Smith that the Holy Ghost speaks to our mind and to our … Continue reading