- What Are “Plain and Precious” Things?
- What Is Truth?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Corruption?
- Why Do Quotes from the King James Version Appear in the Book of Mormon, Even Ones that Joseph Smith Later Altered in his Translation of the Bible ?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Creation of the Earth?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- What Is Truth?
- 3 Nephi 11:29-30 He That Hath the Spirit of Contention Is Not of Me
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- That Which Cannot Satisfy - 2 Nephi 9:51
- King Benjamin's Speech - Mosiah 2-5
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- 3 Nephi 9:13 Will Ye Not Now Return Unto Me?
Category Archives: God – Love
During the Lord’s Prayer, which the Savior gave as an example of how we should pray, He makes the following request: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil (Matthew 6:13, Luke 11:4, 3 Nephi 13:12). The … Continue reading
This is the third of three posts in response to a question I received last week. The first post discussed God’s love for us. The second discussed why God would “inflict” things on us. Today’s post discusses the roles of … Continue reading
This is the second of three posts in response to a question I received last week. Yesterday, I wrote that God’s love is most clearly demonstrated in the life and suffering of Jesus Christ, that the Savior feels genuine empathy … Continue reading
Yesterday, I received a question about one of my posts, entitled Willing to Submit – Mosiah 3:19. Here is the question: God is love right? So how can love inflict when the term inflict has to do with punishment. Surely love … Continue reading
During Nephi’s vision on the mountain (described in 1 Nephi 11-14), he saw a future time of great confusion. Important spiritual truths (“plain and precious things”) would be lost, and as a result, many people would stumble. The angel who … Continue reading
Today, I’ve been pondering two closely related scriptures: He invited them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he … Continue reading