- How Can I Be a More Effective Leader?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- How Can I Manage Time More Effectively?
- How Can I Be Healed?
- What Are the Gifts of the Spirit?
- How Can I Recognize the Temptations of the Devil?
- What Is the Spirit of Prophecy?
- What Can We Learn from the Crossing of the Red Sea?
- Who Are the Lost Tribes of Israel?
- Who Is the House of Israel?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- He Turned Him About - Helaman 5:36-37
- These Smoking Firebrands - 2 Nephi 17:1-7
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- The Guilty Taketh the Truth to Be Hard - 1 Nephi 16:1-3
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
Tag Archives: Mosiah 18
Some of the most transcendent events that are recorded in the Book of Mormon happened when a group of people gathered. King Benjamin called his people together not only to hear him speak, but also to invite them to enter … Continue reading
After Alma baptized about 200 people at the waters of Mormon, he organized them into a church and gave them instructions about to serve one another. Here are some of the principles I’ve learned from Alma’s instructions: “Preach nothing save … Continue reading
I wrote yesterday that covenants strengthen relationships. Making promises to one another provides opportunities to build trust. So when God invites us to make covenants with Him, He is giving us the opportunity to strengthen our relationship with Him. Our … Continue reading
To “bear” something is to carry it. The word has a connotation of effort or difficulty: we bear a burden. We bear suffering. A woman may bear a child. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary says that the word bear “usually implies the … Continue reading
Yesterday, I wrote about what the Book of Mormon teaches us about happiness. Today, I would like to consider what the Book of Mormon teaches us about sadness. 1. Sadness is a fact of life. Alma referred to mortal life … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed all 35 passages in the Book of Mormon which use the word “resurrection.” Here are some of the principles I saw: Because of the fall of Adam and Eve, we will all die (2 Nephi 9:6). There … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed all of the prayers I could find in the Book of Mormon. I specifically looked at actual prayers which are quoted word for word, not prayers which are merely mentioned, and not sample prayers given for teaching … Continue reading