- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach about Sacrifice?
- What Is the Sealing Power?
- What Is Foreordination?
- How Can I Avoid Being an “Unholy Temple?”
- What Is “Awful Woundedness?”
- What Does It Mean to Ponder?
- What Can We Learn from the Women in the Book of Mormon?
- What Is an Elder?
- Why Are Ordinances Important?
- What Does It Mean to Be Ordained?
- Why Is Jesus Called "the Author and the Finisher of Our Faith?"
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- What Are Some Examples of Faith in the Book of Mormon?
- Ye Shall Prosper in the Land - 2 Nephi 4:4
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- What Does It Mean to Harden Your Heart?
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
Tag Archives: Moroni 8
Near the end of his remarks to his son Shiblon, Alma gave him the following advice: Use boldness, but not overbearance (Alma 38:12). To be bold is to be “confident, courageous, and willing to take risks.” To be overbearing is to … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed the 77 appearances of the words “pride” and “proud” in the Book of Mormon. Here is what I learned: Pride means thinking too highly of yourself, failing to acknowledge your limitations. Throughout the Book of Mormon, prophets … Continue reading
Throughout the Book of Mormon, we are encouraged to endure to the end. The prophet Nephi heard the voice of the Father declaring, “He that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved” (2 Nephi 31:15). Jesus Christ made … Continue reading
To redeem something is to repurchase it, to buy back something we have given away or sold. When applied to a person, the word implies rescue from captivity or bondage. (See “redeem,” Webster’s Dictionary, 1828.) Isaiah uses the imagery of … Continue reading
Some form of the phrase “baptized unto repentance” appears twelve times in the Book of Mormon (Mosiah 26:22, Alma 5:62, Alma 6:2, Alma 7:14, Alma 9:27, Alma 48:19, Alma 49:30, Helaman 3:24, Helaman 5:17, 19, 3 Nephi 1:23, 3 Nephi 7:26). John the … Continue reading
The word “grace” appears 31 times in the Book of Mormon. Today, I reviewed each of those passages and learned the following principles: Grace is an attribute of Jesus Christ. It is often listed with other attributes, including: mercy, truth, patience, … Continue reading