- How Can I Avoid Being an “Unholy Temple?”
- What Is “Awful Woundedness?”
- What Does It Mean to Ponder?
- What Can We Learn from the Women in the Book of Mormon?
- What Is an Elder?
- Why Are Ordinances Important?
- What Does It Mean to Be Ordained?
- Who Was Melchizedek?
- What Is a High Priest?
- What Is the Priesthood?
- Why Is Jesus Called "the Author and the Finisher of Our Faith?"
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- Alma 36:3 Whosoever Shall Put Their Trust in God
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- Eat, Drink, and Be Merry - 2 Nephi 28:7-8
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- Why Did the Nephites Keep the Law of Moses?
- How Do I Know If I'm Worthy to Take the Sacrament?
- Unprofitable Servants - Mosiah 2:21
Tag Archives: Mormon 8
After warning the people of Jerusalem of their imminent destruction, Lehi was commanded by the Lord to take his family out of the city into the wilderness (1 Nephi 2:1-2). He had to defend this decision many times as the … Continue reading
Near the end of his life, Moses recited a song to the Israelite people. The song affirms God’s steady support for the children of Israel and prophesies that they will be unfaithful to Him in spite of everything He has … Continue reading
I wrote yesterday that responding to guilt appropriately is essential for our eternal happiness. Anything which encourages us to ignore our feelings of guilt is harmful to us in the long run. As Alma warned his son Corianton, “Ye cannot hide … Continue reading
A covenant is a formal agreement between two parties (Oxford English Dictionary). The word comes from two Latin roots: com (“together”) and venire (“to come”). So the word literally means to “come together” (See Online Etymology Dictionary.) God loves all of … Continue reading
After Lehi’s family left Jerusalem and began to travel toward the promised land, the Lord commanded him to send his four sons back to Jerusalem to retrieve a set of sacred writings engraved on brass plates. Lehi’s son Nephi tells … Continue reading
People are more important than things. We all know that. But at times we are all tempted to prioritize things over people. Why is that? Here’s one reason: We all want to be appreciated and respected. In our world, appearances … Continue reading
The word “Savior” only appears twelve times in the Book of Mormon. This is surprising to me, since “Christ” appears 396 times, “Jesus” appears 188 times, and “Redeemer” appears 41 times. (I used the “simple searches” function on the University of … Continue reading