- What Is Authority?
- What Is the First Resurrection?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Millennium?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Second Coming of Jesus Christ?
- What Is Joy?
- What Are Some Things That I Can’t Delegate?
- Will We Be Judged by the Apostles?
- How Can I Avoid Distractions?
- What Should I Do After I Hear the Words of Prophets?
- What Should I Do When Prophetic Teachings Are Difficult to Understand or Accept?
- Nephi’s Psalm - 2 Nephi 4:15-35
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Helaman 5:12 Upon the Rock of Our Redeemer
- How Could You Have Forgotten? - Helaman 7:20-22
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- That Ye Would...Not Procrastinate the Day of Your Repentance - Alma 13:27-29
- Wickedness Never Was Happiness - Alma 41:10
Tag Archives: Jacob 2
Prophetic teachings are generally not intended to be soothing. A primary role of prophets is to call us to repentance, which means making course corrections or incremental improvements. Therefore, when we have the opportunity to hear messages from prophets, we … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed the 77 appearances of the words “pride” and “proud” in the Book of Mormon. Here is what I learned: Pride means thinking too highly of yourself, failing to acknowledge your limitations. Throughout the Book of Mormon, prophets … Continue reading
One test of integrity is what you choose to do when no one is watching. So a powerful indication of our character is what we choose to think about. We generally assume that our thoughts are private, that no one … Continue reading
King Benjamin taught his people an important principle which he learned from an angel: the only way to overcome the unrighteous tendencies of our mortal bodies is to be willing to submit to our Heavenly Father in all things. (See … Continue reading
Anxiety can be helpful or harmful. Multiple prophets in the Book of Mormon acknowledge feelings of anxiety, and those feelings are generally caused by their love for others. When Lehi spoke with his sons near the end of his life, … Continue reading
Today is Father’s Day, and I’m thinking about what I can do to be a better father. Here are ten principles the Book of Mormon teaches about being an effective father: 1. Give your children assignments, and trust that they … Continue reading