- How Can I Be a More Effective Leader?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- How Can I Manage Time More Effectively?
- How Can I Be Healed?
- What Are the Gifts of the Spirit?
- How Can I Recognize the Temptations of the Devil?
- What Is the Spirit of Prophecy?
- What Can We Learn from the Crossing of the Red Sea?
- Who Are the Lost Tribes of Israel?
- Who Is the House of Israel?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- He Turned Him About - Helaman 5:36-37
- These Smoking Firebrands - 2 Nephi 17:1-7
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- The Guilty Taketh the Truth to Be Hard - 1 Nephi 16:1-3
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
Tag Archives: Helaman 13
The apostle Paul told the saints in Galatia that the law of Moses had served as a “schoolmaster” to help them develop faith in Jesus Christ. After they developed faith, they didn’t need the schoolmaster any more (Galatians 3:24-25). The … Continue reading
The word “complacent” doesn’t appear in the Book of Mormon, but warnings against complacency are pervasive: “Arise from the Dust” Near the end of his life, Lehi pleads with his sons to “arise from the dust…and be men.” He tells … Continue reading
As we’ve discussed the last couple of days: We feel sadness when something bad happens to us or to someone we love. We feel fear when we think something bad is likely to happen to us or to someone we … Continue reading
Near the beginning of the Book of Mormon, the prophet Lehi tells his family about a spiritual dream he has experienced. The central symbol in this dream was “a tree, whose fruit was desirable to make one happy” (1 Nephi … Continue reading
The word “envying” or “envyings” appears ten times in the Book of Mormon. Nine of those times, it is followed immediately by “strife” or “strifes.” These words are also closely associated in the New Testament. To envy another person is … Continue reading
After writing two days ago about the importance of firsthand spiritual knowledge, and after writing yesterday about the role of prophets in helping us to grow closer to God, I was thinking today about the variety of ways that God sends … Continue reading