- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach about Sacrifice?
- What Is the Sealing Power?
- What Is Foreordination?
- How Can I Avoid Being an “Unholy Temple?”
- What Is “Awful Woundedness?”
- What Does It Mean to Ponder?
- What Can We Learn from the Women in the Book of Mormon?
- What Is an Elder?
- Why Are Ordinances Important?
- What Does It Mean to Be Ordained?
- Why Is Jesus Called "the Author and the Finisher of Our Faith?"
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Ye Shall Prosper in the Land - 2 Nephi 4:4
- What Are Some Examples of Faith in the Book of Mormon?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- What Does It Mean to Harden Your Heart?
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
Tag Archives: Helaman 12
Today, I reviewed the 77 appearances of the words “pride” and “proud” in the Book of Mormon. Here is what I learned: Pride means thinking too highly of yourself, failing to acknowledge your limitations. Throughout the Book of Mormon, prophets … Continue reading
A core message of the Book of Mormon is that we are nothing compared with God. King Benjamin reminded his people that God created them, and that he preserves them from day to day “by lending you breath, that ye … Continue reading
The word “grace” appears 31 times in the Book of Mormon. Today, I reviewed each of those passages and learned the following principles: Grace is an attribute of Jesus Christ. It is often listed with other attributes, including: mercy, truth, patience, … Continue reading
Setting After relating some of the experiences of the prophet Nephi, including great miracles which failed to convert the people and a natural disaster which only temporarily convinced them to humble themselves and repent, Mormon inserted this editorial commentary. Purpose … Continue reading
24 And may God grant, in his great fulness, that men might be brought unto repentance and good works, that they might be restored unto grace for grace, according to their works.(Helaman 12:24) After lamenting the pride and stubbornness which … Continue reading
1 And thus we can behold how false, and also the unsteadiness of the hearts of the children of men; yea, we can see that the Lord in his great infinite goodness doth bless and prosper those who put their … Continue reading