- What Should I Think About?
- How Can I Be a More Effective Leader?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- How Can I Manage Time More Effectively?
- How Can I Be Healed?
- What Are the Gifts of the Spirit?
- How Can I Recognize the Temptations of the Devil?
- What Is the Spirit of Prophecy?
- What Can We Learn from the Crossing of the Red Sea?
- Who Are the Lost Tribes of Israel?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- What Does It Mean to "Come Unto Christ?"
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- The Guilty Taketh the Truth to Be Hard - 1 Nephi 16:1-3
- He Turned Him About - Helaman 5:36-37
- Are We Not All Beggars? - Mosiah 4:19-21
Tag Archives: Alma 57
To doubt is to vacillate, to be paralyzed by indecision. The word descends from the Latin word dubitare, which is related to duo (“two”). Together with the related words dubiosus (“doubtful”), and dubium (“doubt”) it suggests an inability to decide between … Continue reading
Some form of the word “obey” appears 31 times in the Book of Mormon: Book # Occurences 1 Nephi 4 2 Nephi 6 Jacob 5 Mosiah 7 Alma 9 TOTAL 31 “I must obey.” Obedience is a very important topic … Continue reading
From the first phrase in the Book of Mormon, the importance of parents is emphasized (1 Nephi 1:1). What can we learn from the Book of Mormon about how to be a good parent? 1. “With all the feeling of … Continue reading
To doubt something is to feel uncertain about it, to lack conviction. The word is also closely associated with fear. (See the definition of doubt in the Oxford Dictionary.) When new evidence calls an accepted fact into question, reasonable people will … Continue reading
20 And as the remainder of our army were about to give way before the Lamanites, behold, those two thousand and sixty were firm and undaunted. (Alma 57:20) It is one thing to keep your composure in the midst of … Continue reading
1 And now it came to pass that I received an epistle from Ammoron, the king, stating that if I would deliver up those prisoners of war whom we had taken that he would deliver up the city of Antiparah … Continue reading