- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- What Do We Know About God’s Love for Us?
- What Does It Mean to “Render” Thanks?
- How Should I Express Gratitude?
- When Should I Express Gratitude?
- What Should I Be Thankful For?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Caught with Guile?”
- Lessons from Alma
- The Allegory of the Olive Tree - Jacob 5
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- What Is Joy?
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- Feast Upon the Words of Christ - 2 Nephi 32:3
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
Tag Archives: Alma 40
The apostle John foresaw a thousand-year period in which Satan would be bound and Christ and His disciples would reign over the earth. This is what we call the Millennium. John said those who did not follow Christ would not … Continue reading
References to the resurrection appear only a couple of times in the Old Testament: Job testifies to his friends, “Though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God” (Job 19:26). Ezekiel describes a … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon teaches extensively about life after death. For example, multiple Book of Mormon prophets testify that we will be resurrected—that our spirit will be reunited with a perfect version of our body, never again to die. The … Continue reading
Today, I studied all 56 passages in the Book of Mormon which use some form of the word “diligent.” To be diligent is to “[show] care and conscientiousness in one’s work or duties” (Oxford English Dictionary). The word also carries … Continue reading
Today is Father’s Day, and I’m thinking about what I can do to be a better father. Here are ten principles the Book of Mormon teaches about being an effective father: 1. Give your children assignments, and trust that they … Continue reading
Yesterday, I wrote about what the Book of Mormon teaches us about happiness. Today, I would like to consider what the Book of Mormon teaches us about sadness. 1. Sadness is a fact of life. Alma referred to mortal life … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed all 35 passages in the Book of Mormon which use the word “resurrection.” Here are some of the principles I saw: Because of the fall of Adam and Eve, we will all die (2 Nephi 9:6). There … Continue reading