- What Is Authority?
- What Is the First Resurrection?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Millennium?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Second Coming of Jesus Christ?
- What Is Joy?
- What Are Some Things That I Can’t Delegate?
- Will We Be Judged by the Apostles?
- How Can I Avoid Distractions?
- What Should I Do After I Hear the Words of Prophets?
- What Should I Do When Prophetic Teachings Are Difficult to Understand or Accept?
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- Nephi’s Psalm - 2 Nephi 4:15-35
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- How Could You Have Forgotten? - Helaman 7:20-22
- That Ye Would...Not Procrastinate the Day of Your Repentance - Alma 13:27-29
- Wickedness Never Was Happiness - Alma 41:10
Tag Archives: Alma 40
The apostle John foresaw a thousand-year period in which Satan would be bound and Christ and His disciples would reign over the earth. This is what we call the Millennium. John said those who did not follow Christ would not … Continue reading
References to the resurrection appear only a couple of times in the Old Testament: Job testifies to his friends, “Though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God” (Job 19:26). Ezekiel describes a … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon teaches extensively about life after death. For example, multiple Book of Mormon prophets testify that we will be resurrected—that our spirit will be reunited with a perfect version of our body, never again to die. The … Continue reading
Today, I studied all 56 passages in the Book of Mormon which use some form of the word “diligent.” To be diligent is to “[show] care and conscientiousness in one’s work or duties” (Oxford English Dictionary). The word also carries … Continue reading
Today is Father’s Day, and I’m thinking about what I can do to be a better father. Here are ten principles the Book of Mormon teaches about being an effective father: 1. Give your children assignments, and trust that they … Continue reading
Yesterday, I wrote about what the Book of Mormon teaches us about happiness. Today, I would like to consider what the Book of Mormon teaches us about sadness. 1. Sadness is a fact of life. Alma referred to mortal life … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed all 35 passages in the Book of Mormon which use the word “resurrection.” Here are some of the principles I saw: Because of the fall of Adam and Eve, we will all die (2 Nephi 9:6). There … Continue reading