- Alma 36:3 Whosoever Shall Put Their Trust in God
- Why Is Jesus Called "the Author and the Finisher of Our Faith?"
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- The Allegory of the Olive Tree - Jacob 5
- What Offering Will the Sons of Levi Make in Righteousness?
- Unprofitable Servants - Mosiah 2:21
- Eat, Drink, and Be Merry - 2 Nephi 28:7-8
Tag Archives: Alma 30
Yesterday, I wrote that to be ordained is to be set in order. An ordinance is the mechanism used to create order. It is an action that is formally prescribed by God which we perform to show our devotion to … Continue reading
After leading the children of Israel out of slavery, Moses consecrated his brother Aaron and Aaron’s sons to serve as priests. They were given special clothing to wear, but Aaron’s clothing was distinct from the others. He wore a vest … Continue reading
Twenty-four times in the New Testament we read about devils being “cast out” of people. All of these passages appear in the synoptic Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke. The gospel of Mark even ends with the Savior promising that … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I wrote about how to overcome temptation. A friend of mine asked me to consider the following question: How much power does the devil have over us? Does he have any power at all if we … Continue reading
Korihor had a persuasive argument against the church: Members consistently obeyed church leaders; therefore, church leaders must be exercising inappropriate authority over the members. In Korihor’s defiant words: I do not teach this people to bind themselves down under the … Continue reading
Hope is an expectation of a positive outcome. When we have hope, we believe that good things will come. Hope empowers us to persevere when we encounter obstacles and to avoid discouragement. In daily conversation, the word “hope” often conveys … Continue reading