- What Are “Plain and Precious” Things?
- What Is Truth?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Corruption?
- Why Do Quotes from the King James Version Appear in the Book of Mormon, Even Ones that Joseph Smith Later Altered in his Translation of the Bible ?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Creation of the Earth?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- What Is Truth?
- 3 Nephi 11:29-30 He That Hath the Spirit of Contention Is Not of Me
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- That Which Cannot Satisfy - 2 Nephi 9:51
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- King Benjamin's Speech - Mosiah 2-5
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- 3 Nephi 9:13 Will Ye Not Now Return Unto Me?
Tag Archives: Alma 19
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the United States. In preparation for that holiday, I have been thinking about some of the things I am thankful for. Here are some ideas that occurred to me as I studied the Book of Mormon … Continue reading
Today, I have been pondering the lessons I have learned from some of the women in the Book of Mormon. Here are a few of those lessons: “Now I know of a surety…” Sariah trusted the revelations received by her … Continue reading
Several times in the Book of Mormon, people pray with such intensity that they are described as “pouring out [their] whole [souls] unto God.” After Enos’s sins were forgiven, he “began to feel a desire for the welfare of…the Nephites.” … Continue reading
Today is Father’s Day, and I’m thinking about what I can do to be a better father. Here are ten principles the Book of Mormon teaches about being an effective father: 1. Give your children assignments, and trust that they … Continue reading
After writing two days ago about the importance of firsthand spiritual knowledge, and after writing yesterday about the role of prophets in helping us to grow closer to God, I was thinking today about the variety of ways that God sends … Continue reading
To redeem something is to repurchase it, to buy back something we have given away or sold. When applied to a person, the word implies rescue from captivity or bondage. (See “redeem,” Webster’s Dictionary, 1828.) Isaiah uses the imagery of … Continue reading
As we discussed yesterday, the earliest references to baptism in the Book of Mormon focus on the baptism of Jesus Christ (which would happen 600 years later). Nephi teaches us that we should be baptized to follow His example (2 … Continue reading