- What Should I Think About?
- How Can I Be a More Effective Leader?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- How Can I Manage Time More Effectively?
- How Can I Be Healed?
- What Are the Gifts of the Spirit?
- How Can I Recognize the Temptations of the Devil?
- What Is the Spirit of Prophecy?
- What Can We Learn from the Crossing of the Red Sea?
- Who Are the Lost Tribes of Israel?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- What Does It Mean to "Come Unto Christ?"
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- The Guilty Taketh the Truth to Be Hard - 1 Nephi 16:1-3
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- Are We Not All Beggars? - Mosiah 4:19-21
- He Turned Him About - Helaman 5:36-37
Tag Archives: Alma 12
One test of integrity is what you choose to do when no one is watching. So a powerful indication of our character is what we choose to think about. We generally assume that our thoughts are private, that no one … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon teaches that there is a being in the universe who is trying to harm us and to thwart God’s plan. His name is Satan (שָׂטָן – the Hebrew word for “adversary”), and he is commonly known … Continue reading
To provoke someone is to incite them to action by arousing a strong emotion, usually anger (Oxford English Dictionary). Psalm 95 describes a provocation. The children of Israel provoked the wrath of God by following Moses reluctantly out of Egypt, by … Continue reading
Today, I spent some time looking at the passages in the Book of Mormon that talk about guilt. Here is what I learned: There is a human tendency to suppress feelings of guilt. We know intuitively when we have done … Continue reading
While John the Baptist was preaching in the wilderness in Judea, a group of Saducees and Pharisees traveled to see this popular teacher for themselves. Addressing them directly, he asked why they had come, wryly attributing to them a wiser … Continue reading
The word “plan” doesn’t appear in the King James Version of the Bible. But it appears 51 times in the Book of Mormon. Book of Mormon prophets, particularly Jacob and Alma, teach clearly that God created a plan for us, … Continue reading
Today, I reviewed all 35 passages in the Book of Mormon which use the word “resurrection.” Here are some of the principles I saw: Because of the fall of Adam and Eve, we will all die (2 Nephi 9:6). There … Continue reading