- Who Were the Three Witnesses of the Book of Mormon?
- Why Do We “Bear” Witness?
- What’s Wrong with Seeking Signs?
- Why Is It Important to Record the Fulfillment of Prophecies?
- In What Order Did Joseph Smith Translate the Book of Mormon?
- What Does It Mean to Believe, Hope, and Endure All Things?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Temperate in All Things?”
- How Can I Be Bold Without Being Overbearing?
- How Should I Respond to an Emotional Outburst?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Being an Effective Parent?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- If Your Minds Are Firm - Jacob 3:1-2
- Cross Yourself in All These Things - Alma 39:9
- King Benjamin's Speech - Mosiah 2-5
- Helaman 5:12 Upon the Rock of Our Redeemer
- Stronger and Stronger in Their Humility - Helaman 3:35-36
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- Feast Upon the Words of Christ - 2 Nephi 32:3
- If They Did Not Doubt - Alma 56:47-48
Tag Archives: Alma 12
Today, I reviewed all 35 passages in the Book of Mormon which use the word “resurrection.” Here are some of the principles I saw: Because of the fall of Adam and Eve, we will all die (2 Nephi 9:6). There … Continue reading
Yesterday, I wrote about the importance of having firsthand spiritual knowledge. If the best way to gain spiritual knowledge is directly from the source, then why do we need intermediaries at all? Why does God send prophets? The obvious reason … Continue reading
General conference is today and tomorrow. I’d like to get as much out of the experience as possible. Today, I took the opportunity to review some passages from the Book of Mormon about preparation to hear the words of prophets. … Continue reading
After Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden of Eden, God placed “cherubim and a flaming sword” on the east side of the Garden of Eden. These heavenly sentinels ensured that Adam and Eve could not approach the … Continue reading
When Adam and Eve partook of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they became mortal. As the prophet Lehi explained to his sons, everything was static before that time: “If Adam had not transgressed…he would … Continue reading
The Bible tells the story of the Fall of Adam and Eve in Genesis 2-4. Job mentions it once (Job 31:33), and the Apostle Paul discusses it four times in his epistles (Romans 5:12-21, 1 Corinthians 15:21-22, 2 Corinthians 11:3, 1 … Continue reading