- Why Are Reunions Important?
- What Is Wisdom?
- What Are “Plain and Precious” Things?
- What Is Truth?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Corruption?
- Why Do Quotes from the King James Version Appear in the Book of Mormon, Even Ones that Joseph Smith Later Altered in his Translation of the Bible ?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Creation of the Earth?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
- His Hand Is Stretched Out Still - 2 Nephi 19:12, 17, 21; 20:4
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- Eat, Drink, and Be Merry - 2 Nephi 28:7-8
- What Offering Will the Sons of Levi Make in Righteousness?
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
Tag Archives: 3 Nephi 9
It’s so easy to have a narrow perspective. Our brains have finite capacity, and we all have tasks that must be done today. Focusing on the here and now may seem to be imperative. But provincial thinking can result in … Continue reading
Early in the Book of Mormon, the concept of sacrifice appears. Lehi and his family had certainly given up much to follow the Lord’s command, abandoning their comfortable living in Jerusalem to travel in the wilderness. But Lehi’s son Nephi … Continue reading
Twenty-four times in the New Testament we read about devils being “cast out” of people. All of these passages appear in the synoptic Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke. The gospel of Mark even ends with the Savior promising that … Continue reading
Yesterday, I wrote about the importance of learning to recognize the Holy Ghost. Today, I’d like to explore a related question: How can I tell the difference between the Holy Ghost and my own thoughts? Elder David A. Bednar and … Continue reading
Jesus Christ is the Master Healer. After the destruction which coincided with His death and resurrection, while the people mourned their lost loved ones, they heard the Savior’s voice announcing all of the cities which had been destroyed. After enumerating … Continue reading
The apostle Paul told the saints in Galatia that the law of Moses had served as a “schoolmaster” to help them develop faith in Jesus Christ. After they developed faith, they didn’t need the schoolmaster any more (Galatians 3:24-25). The … Continue reading