- What’s Wrong with Seeking Signs?
- Why Is It Important to Record the Fulfillment of Prophecies?
- In What Order Did Joseph Smith Translate the Book of Mormon?
- What Does It Mean to Believe, Hope, and Endure All Things?
- What Does It Mean to Be “Temperate in All Things?”
- How Can I Be Bold Without Being Overbearing?
- How Should I Respond to an Emotional Outburst?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Being an Effective Parent?
- What Does It Mean to Endure to the End?
- How Can I Be More Humble?
Tag Archives: 3 Nephi 5
The word “Savior” only appears twelve times in the Book of Mormon. This is surprising to me, since “Christ” appears 396 times, “Jesus” appears 188 times, and “Redeemer” appears 41 times. (I used the “simple searches” function on the University of … Continue reading
The authors of the Book of Mormon were comfortable declaring their knowledge of the truthfulness of their message: In the first chapter of the book, Nephi says, “I know that the record which I make is true; and I make … Continue reading
14 And it hath become expedient that I, according to the will of God, that the prayers of those who have gone hence, who were the holy ones, should be fulfilled according to their faith, should make a record of … Continue reading
20 I am Mormon, and a pure descendant of Lehi. I have reason to bless my God and my Savior Jesus Christ, that he brought our fathers out of the land of Jerusalem, (and no one knew it save it … Continue reading
3 Therefore they did forsake all their sins, and their abominations, and their whoredoms, and did serve God with all diligence day and night. (3 Nephi 5:3) I’ve been studying this week about how to serve others. I’d like to … Continue reading
13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. (3 Nephi 5:13) I am grateful that the … Continue reading