- What Are “Plain and Precious” Things?
- What Is Truth?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Corruption?
- Why Do Quotes from the King James Version Appear in the Book of Mormon, Even Ones that Joseph Smith Later Altered in his Translation of the Bible ?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Creation of the Earth?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- What Is Truth?
- 3 Nephi 11:29-30 He That Hath the Spirit of Contention Is Not of Me
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- That Which Cannot Satisfy - 2 Nephi 9:51
- King Benjamin's Speech - Mosiah 2-5
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- 3 Nephi 9:13 Will Ye Not Now Return Unto Me?
Tag Archives: 3 Nephi 30
The word Israel appears 213 times in the Book of Mormon, almost always preceded by the word “of.” Here are the phrases in which it most commonly appears: Phrase # Appearances house of Israel 122 Holy One of Israel 40 … Continue reading
We don’t use the word “hearken” in modern English. But it’s an important word in the scriptures: It appears 229 times in the Old Testament, 9 times in the New Testament, and 100 times in the Book of Mormon. Deepening … Continue reading
The word “envying” or “envyings” appears ten times in the Book of Mormon. Nine of those times, it is followed immediately by “strife” or “strifes.” These words are also closely associated in the New Testament. To envy another person is … Continue reading
Is it okay to do the right things for the wrong reasons? Near the end of his writings, Nephi issues a serious warning: We must not participate in priestcraft. Here is his description of what that means: Behold, priestcrafts are … Continue reading
I mentioned yesterday that the phrase “come unto Christ” appears only five times in the scriptures. In contrast, the Savior says “come unto me” 39 times in the scriptures: once in the Old Testament, six times in the New Testament, … Continue reading
2 Turn, all ye Gentiles, from your wicked ways; and repent of your evil doings, of your lyings and deceivings, and of your whoredoms, and of your secret abominations, and your idolatries, and of your murders, and your priestcrafts, and … Continue reading