- What Are “Plain and Precious” Things?
- What Is Truth?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Corruption?
- Why Do Quotes from the King James Version Appear in the Book of Mormon, Even Ones that Joseph Smith Later Altered in his Translation of the Bible ?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Creation of the Earth?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- What Is Truth?
- 3 Nephi 11:29-30 He That Hath the Spirit of Contention Is Not of Me
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- That Which Cannot Satisfy - 2 Nephi 9:51
- King Benjamin's Speech - Mosiah 2-5
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- 3 Nephi 9:13 Will Ye Not Now Return Unto Me?
Tag Archives: 3 Nephi 10
This is the third of three posts in response to a question I received last week. The first post discussed God’s love for us. The second discussed why God would “inflict” things on us. Today’s post discusses the roles of … Continue reading
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the United States. In preparation for that holiday, I have been thinking about some of the things I am thankful for. Here are some ideas that occurred to me as I studied the Book of Mormon … Continue reading
Nephi tells us near the end of his writings that we can receive the Holy Ghost by following the Son “with full purpose of heart.” He goes on to clarify his meaning: “acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God, … Continue reading
The word Israel appears 213 times in the Book of Mormon, almost always preceded by the word “of.” Here are the phrases in which it most commonly appears: Phrase # Appearances house of Israel 122 Holy One of Israel 40 … Continue reading
Soon after Lehi led his family into the wilderness, he sent his four sons back to Jerusalem to retrieve a sacred record engraved on brass plates (1 Nephi 3:2-3). When they returned with the plates, he found that they contained … Continue reading
When a rift developed among the apostles over the question of who would be greatest in the kingdom of heaven, Jesus called them together to teach them about leadership: Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over … Continue reading
When the Savior visited the American continent, He introduced Himself twice–once audibly and once in person after descending from the sky. Both times, He introduced Himself as the fulfillment of prophecies with which the people were familiar (3 Nephi 9:15-16, … Continue reading