- How Can I Be a More Effective Leader?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- How Can I Manage Time More Effectively?
- How Can I Be Healed?
- What Are the Gifts of the Spirit?
- How Can I Recognize the Temptations of the Devil?
- What Is the Spirit of Prophecy?
- What Can We Learn from the Crossing of the Red Sea?
- Who Are the Lost Tribes of Israel?
- Who Is the House of Israel?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- He Turned Him About - Helaman 5:36-37
- These Smoking Firebrands - 2 Nephi 17:1-7
- Things Which are Not Seen, Which Are True - Alma 32:21
- The Guilty Taketh the Truth to Be Hard - 1 Nephi 16:1-3
- The Blessed and Happy State - Mosiah 2:41
Tag Archives: 2 Nephi 5
A core message of the Book of Mormon is that we are nothing compared with God. King Benjamin reminded his people that God created them, and that he preserves them from day to day “by lending you breath, that ye … Continue reading
Some form of the word “obey” appears 31 times in the Book of Mormon: Book # Occurences 1 Nephi 4 2 Nephi 6 Jacob 5 Mosiah 7 Alma 9 TOTAL 31 “I must obey.” Obedience is a very important topic … Continue reading
Near the beginning of the Book of Mormon, the prophet Lehi tells his family about a spiritual dream he has experienced. The central symbol in this dream was “a tree, whose fruit was desirable to make one happy” (1 Nephi … Continue reading
To consecrate something is to make it sacred, to set it apart for a holy purpose (Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary). The opposite is to desecrate something, which means literally to “divest it of [its] sacred character,” or to “treat it with sacrilege” (Online … Continue reading
Shortly after Nephi’s family left their comfortable home in Jerusalem and began camping in the wilderness, Nephi prayed to understand “the mysteries of God.” In response, he tells us that God visited him “and did soften my heart that I … Continue reading
Near the beginning of the Book of Mormon, Nephi declares God’s standard regarding racism, sexism, and other types of unrighteous discrimination: He inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come … Continue reading
As I wrote yesterday, we need to forgive others in order to be forgiven by God. That’s because an unforgiving heart is unable to receive God’s healing power. But what should we do when we, or the people we are … Continue reading