- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- What Do We Know About God’s Love for Us?
- What Does It Mean to “Render” Thanks?
- How Should I Express Gratitude?
- When Should I Express Gratitude?
- What Should I Be Thankful For?
- What Is Joy?
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- What Does It Mean to Be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
- I Will Give Away All My Sins - Alma 22:18
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- A Broken Heart and a Contrite Spirit - 3 Nephi 9:20
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
Tag Archives: 2 Nephi 27
The Book of Mormon teaches that there is a being in the universe who is trying to harm us and to thwart God’s plan. His name is Satan (שָׂטָן – the Hebrew word for “adversary”), and he is commonly known … Continue reading
About a third of the book of Isaiah (21 out of 66 chapters) is quoted in the Book of Mormon. Here is a list of those chapters with a brief description of each: Isaiah 2 (2 Nephi 12) – There … Continue reading
Isaiah described a “sealed book” which would confound a “learned man.” He would be asked to read it and would say in frustration, “I cannot; for it is sealed” (Isaiah 29:11). An unlearned man would then protest that he could … Continue reading
While Joseph Smith was translating the Book of Mormon, he was not allowed to show anyone else the metal plates containing the original record (Joseph Smith–History 1:42). His scribes sat near him, recording the words he spoke, but Joseph kept … Continue reading
4 For behold, all ye that doeth iniquity, stay yourselves and wonder, for ye shall cry out, and cry; yea, ye shall be drunken but not with wine, ye shall stagger but not with strong drink. 5 For behold, the … Continue reading
25 Forasmuch as this people draw near unto me with their mouth, and with their lips do honor me, but have removed their hearts far from me, and their fear towards me is taught by the precepts of men— 26 … Continue reading