- What Are “Plain and Precious” Things?
- What Is Truth?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Corruption?
- Why Do Quotes from the King James Version Appear in the Book of Mormon, Even Ones that Joseph Smith Later Altered in his Translation of the Bible ?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Creation of the Earth?
- Why Is Light an Appropriate Symbol for the Birth of Christ?
- How Can I Manage Stress More Effectively?
- Would God Lead Us Into Temptation?
- What Are the Roles of Persuasion and Punishment in Motivating Good Behavior?
- Why Would God “Inflict” Things on Us?
- I Am the Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up - 3 Nephi 18:24-25
- What Is Truth?
- 3 Nephi 11:29-30 He That Hath the Spirit of Contention Is Not of Me
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- That Which Cannot Satisfy - 2 Nephi 9:51
- Mourn with Those That Mourn - Mosiah 18:8-10
- King Benjamin's Speech - Mosiah 2-5
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- 3 Nephi 9:13 Will Ye Not Now Return Unto Me?
Tag Archives: 2 Nephi 2
This is the second of three posts in response to a question I received last week. Yesterday, I wrote that God’s love is most clearly demonstrated in the life and suffering of Jesus Christ, that the Savior feels genuine empathy … Continue reading
Early in the Book of Mormon, the concept of sacrifice appears. Lehi and his family had certainly given up much to follow the Lord’s command, abandoning their comfortable living in Jerusalem to travel in the wilderness. But Lehi’s son Nephi … Continue reading
Twenty-four times in the New Testament we read about devils being “cast out” of people. All of these passages appear in the synoptic Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke. The gospel of Mark even ends with the Savior promising that … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I wrote about how to overcome temptation. A friend of mine asked me to consider the following question: How much power does the devil have over us? Does he have any power at all if we … Continue reading
Elder D. Todd Christofferson has pointed out that the gospel was originally taught in families. The organization of the church came later: Beginning with Adam, the gospel of Jesus Christ was preached, and the essential ordinances of salvation, such as … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon contains many sermons. Some were delivered to hostile audiences, some to congregations of believers, and some to audiences of one. The interesting point to me is that the sermons to very small audiences, generally a father … Continue reading