- What Does the “Great and Spacious Building” Represent?
- What Is Lust?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About Tithing?
- What Are the Purposes of Fasting?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach about Sacrifice?
- What Is the Sealing Power?
- What Is Foreordination?
- How Can I Avoid Being an “Unholy Temple?”
- What Is “Awful Woundedness?”
- What Does It Mean to Ponder?
- He Will Take Upon Him... - Alma 7:11-13
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- Moroni 10:32-33 Come Unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him
- That They Might Have Joy - 2 Nephi 2:25
- What Is "the Immediate Goodness of God?"
- Are We Not All Beggars? - Mosiah 4:19-21
- What Does the "Great and Spacious Building" Represent?
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- The Spirit of Contention - 3 Nephi 11:29-30
Tag Archives: 1 Nephi 5
Early in the Book of Mormon, the concept of sacrifice appears. Lehi and his family had certainly given up much to follow the Lord’s command, abandoning their comfortable living in Jerusalem to travel in the wilderness. But Lehi’s son Nephi … Continue reading
Today, I have been pondering the lessons I have learned from some of the women in the Book of Mormon. Here are a few of those lessons: “Now I know of a surety…” Sariah trusted the revelations received by her … Continue reading
The Bible Dictionary explains that a priest is a mediator between his people and God. The priest fulfills this role by: Performing religious ceremonies (ordinances) Preaching the gospel Receiving revelation on behalf of the people, and Blessing the people in … Continue reading
Near the beginning of the Book of Mormon, there is a troubling story. Nephi and his brothers have been sent by their father, Lehi, to retrieve a sacred record contained on brass plates which are in the possession of a … Continue reading
After leading his family away from their home in Jerusalem, Lehi sent his four sons back on a dangerous mission. They knew it would be difficult, and more than one of them complained about the assignment. But Lehi handled the … Continue reading
Soon after Lehi led his family into the wilderness, he sent his four sons back to Jerusalem to retrieve a sacred record engraved on brass plates (1 Nephi 3:2-3). When they returned with the plates, he found that they contained … Continue reading