- What Is Authority?
- What Is the First Resurrection?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Millennium?
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach About the Second Coming of Jesus Christ?
- What Is Joy?
- What Are Some Things That I Can’t Delegate?
- Will We Be Judged by the Apostles?
- How Can I Avoid Distractions?
- What Should I Do After I Hear the Words of Prophets?
- What Should I Do When Prophetic Teachings Are Difficult to Understand or Accept?
- Nephi’s Psalm - 2 Nephi 4:15-35
- After the Trial of Your Faith - Ether 12:6
- Moroni 4:3, 5:2 The Sacrament Prayers
- Helaman 5:12 Upon the Rock of Our Redeemer
- How Could You Have Forgotten? - Helaman 7:20-22
- The Natural Man - Mosiah 3:19
- That Ye Would...Not Procrastinate the Day of Your Repentance - Alma 13:27-29
- Wickedness Never Was Happiness - Alma 41:10
Tag Archives: 1 Nephi 2
As I prepare to participate in general conference this weekend, I’ve been thinking about how different forms of revelation interact with one another and support one another. By revelation, I mean messages from God. Here are some forms of revelation … Continue reading
The imagery of the Israelites crossing the Red Sea must have been particularly vivid for Nephi and his brothers as they traveled to their promised land. Shortly after leaving Jerusalem, their family set up camp “by the borders near the … Continue reading
It was difficult for Lehi and Sariah to lead their family from their comfortable home in Jerusalem to an undefined destination. Their two oldest sons, Laman and Lemuel, didn’t make it any easier. According to their younger brother, Nephi: They … Continue reading
Like the prophet Abraham, Nephi received a conditional promise from the Lord with an intergenerational impact. After the Lord commanded his father, Lehi, to abandon their home in Jerusalem and “depart into the wilderness” with his family, Nephi’s brothers were … Continue reading
The Hebrew verb shamar (שָׁמַר) means to keep, to guard, or to preserve. Here are the first few appearances of that word in the Bible: God commanded Adam and Eve to cultivate the Garden of Eden and to “keep” it (Genesis … Continue reading
Some form of the word “obey” appears 31 times in the Book of Mormon: Book # Occurences 1 Nephi 4 2 Nephi 6 Jacob 5 Mosiah 7 Alma 9 TOTAL 31 “I must obey.” Obedience is a very important topic … Continue reading